Friday, February 01, 2008

Psalm 139:18

Psalm 139:18

If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

a. NLT: I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up,
you are still with me!

b. NIV: Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you.

c. YLT: I recount them! than the sand they are more, I have waked, and I am still with Thee.

d. Amplified Bible:  If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, [could I count to the end] I would still be with You.

e. Septuagint: I will number them, and they shall be multiplied beyond the sand; I awake, and am still with thee.

f. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings: Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand, even if I were to be constantly awake, and always with You

1.”If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand…”

a. If I should count [5608 * caphar ] [Strong’s: to score with a mark as a tally or record, to count.]

b. they are more more in number [7235 * rabah] [Strong’s: to increase.] [Gesenius: be or become great, be or become many, be or become much, be or become numerous, to become many, become numerous, multiply (of people, animals, things), to be or grow great, to make large, enlarge, increase, become many, to make much, make many, have many, to multiply, increase, to make much to do, do much in respect of, transgress greatly, to increase greatly or exceedingly, to make great, enlarge, do much, to shoot.]

c. than the sand [2344 * chowl] [Strong: from 2342; sand (as round or whirling particles):--sand.]

1). David wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost that the number of God’s thoughts can not be given.

a). Psalm 40:5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

b). Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

c). We must include in these thoughts that they are the plans for developing not only their body but the talents and abilities God infused into them to be used for His glory.

2). We must realize that God word says that His thoughts toward us are not only innumerable but also full of love and mercy. We are highly valued and highly prized to Him. How easy we can see this in the Divine fulfillment the promise in Philippians.

a). Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

2. “…when I awake, I am still with thee.”

a. when I awake [6974 * quwts] [Strong: a primitive root (identical with 6972 through the idea of abruptness in starting up from sleep (Compare 3364); to awake (literally or figuratively):--arise, (be) (a-)wake, watch.]

1). Perhaps awoke from the dream or vision from the Lord.

b. I am still [5750 * ‘owd] [Strong: from 5749; properly, iteration or continuance; used only adverbially (with or without preposition), again, repeatedly, still, more:--again, X all life long, at all, besides, but, else, further(-more), henceforth, (any) longer, (any) more(-over), X once, since, (be) still, when, (good, the) while (having being), (as, because, whether, while) yet (within).]

No comments: