Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Galatians 1:17

Galatians 1:17
Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

1.”Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me;

a.    Paul is still referring to where he received the revelation of the Gospel. He didn’t get it from flesh and blood, and he did not go up to Jerusalem to meet with those who walked with Jesus during his ministry. No, he wanted to get it straight from God.

2. “…but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.”

a.    Why would Paul go into Arabia instead of going to Jerusalem and meet with those who walked with him for three and one half years?
I am fully persuaded that Paul went to Mount Sinai where the Mosaic Covenant was given and there waited for a revelation from God about the New Covenant.

b.    The Apostle Paul said that Mount Sinai was in Arabia.

1). Galatians 4:25 “For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia…”

2). The giving of the New Covenant in the same place as the Mosaic Covenant was given, would be, I believe,so fitting.

c.     If verses 15 through 17 are read without stopping, it is easy to see that the revelation of the Gospel is the focus, and the place of Arabia is where it occurred. After the revelation of the Covenant, Paul then returned to Damascus.

No comments: