Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Daniel 8:15

 Daniel 8:15

And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.


a. NASB 1995: When I, Daniel, had seen the vision, I sought to understand it; and behold, standing before me was one who looked like a man.  [New American Standard Bible 1995 (NASB1995) New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1960, 1971, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights reserved.]


b. NKJV: Then it happened, when I, Daniel, had seen the vision and was seeking the meaning, that suddenly there stood before me one having the appearance of a man.  [Scripture quotations marked "NKJV" are taken from the New King James Version®, Copyright© 1982, Thomas Nelson. All rights reserved.]


c. Classic Amplified Bible: When I, even I, Daniel, had seen the vision, I sought to understand it; then behold, there stood before me one [Gabriel] with the appearance of a man.  [Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation]


d. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings:  [The Artscroll Series/Stone Edition, THE TANACH--STUDENT SIZE EDITION Copyright 1996, 1998 by Mesorah Publications, Ltd.]


e. ESV: When I, Daniel, had seen the vision, I sought to understand it. And behold, there stood before me one having the appearance of a man.   [Scripture quotations are from the Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001, 2007, 2011, 2016 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.]


f. Unless otherwise stated, all Greek and Hebrew definitions are from Blue Letter Bible


1. “And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.”


a. [And it] came to pass [Strong: 1961 הָיָה hâyâh, haw-yaw; a primitive root (compare H1933); to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary):—beacon, × altogether, be(-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, follow, happen, × have, last, pertain, quit (one-) self, require, × use.]


b. [when] I, [even] I [Strong: 589 אֲנִי ʼănîy, an-ee'; contracted from H595; I:—I, (as for) me, mine, myself, we, × which, × who.]


c. Daniel [Strong: 1840 דָנִיֵּאל Dânîyêʼl, daw-nee-yale'; in Ezekiel it is; דָּנִאֵל Dâniʼêl; from H1835 and H410; judge of God; Daniel or Danijel, the name of two Israelites:—Daniel.]


d. [had] seen [Strong: 7200 רָאָה râʼâh, raw-aw'; a primitive root; to see, literally or figuratively (in numerous applications, direct and implied, transitive, intransitive and causative):—advise self, appear, approve, behold, × certainly, consider, discern, (make to) enjoy, have experience, gaze, take heed, × indeed, × joyfully, lo, look (on, one another, one on another, one upon another, out, up, upon), mark, meet, × be near, perceive, present, provide, regard, (have) respect, (fore-, cause to, let) see(-r, -m, one another), shew (self), × sight of others, (e-) spy, stare, × surely, × think, view, visions.]


e. [Strong: 853 'eth ayth apparent contracted from 226 in the demonstrative sense of entity; properly, self (but generally used to point out more definitely the object of a verb or preposition, even or namely):--(as such unrepresented in English).]


f. [the] vision [Strong: 2377 חָזוֹן châzôwn, khaw-zone'; from H2372; a sight (mentally), i.e. a dream, revelation, or oracle:—vision.]


g. [and sought [Strong: 1245 בָּקַשׁ bâqash, baw-kash'; a primitive root; to search out (by any method, specifically in worship or prayer); by implication, to strive after:—ask, beg, beseech, desire, enquire, get, make inquisition, procure, (make) request, require, seek (for).]


h. [for the] meaning [Strong: 998 בִּינָה bîynâh, bee-naw'; from H995; understanding:—knowledge, meaning, × perfectly, understanding, wisdom.]


i. [then] behold [Strong: 2009 הִנֵּה hinnêh, hin-nay'; prolongation for H2005; lo!:—behold, lo, see.]

j. [there] stood [Strong: 5975 עָמַד ʻâmad, aw-mad'; a primitive root; to stand, in various relations (literal and figurative, intransitive and transitive):—abide (behind), appoint, arise, cease, confirm, continue, dwell, be employed, endure, establish, leave, make, ordain, be (over), place, (be) present (self), raise up, remain, repair, serve, set (forth, over, -tle, up), (make to, make to be at a, with-) stand (by, fast, firm, still, up), (be at a) stay (up), tarry.]


k. before me [Strong: 5048 נֶגֶד neged, neh'-ghed; from H5046; a front, i.e. part opposite; specifically a counterpart, or mate; usually (adverbial, especially with preposition) over against or before:—about, (over) against, × aloof, × far (off), × from, over, presence, × other side, sight, × to view.]


l. [as the appearance [Strong: 4758 מַרְאֶה marʼeh, mar-eh'; from H7200; a view (the act of seeing); also an appearance (the thing seen), whether (real) a shape (especially if handsome, comeliness; often plural the looks), or (mental) a vision:—× apparently, appearance(-reth), × as soon as beautiful(-ly), countenance, fair, favoured, form, goodly, to look (up) on (to), look(-eth), pattern, to see, seem, sight, visage, vision.]


m. [of a] man [Strong: 1397 גֶּבֶר geber, gheh'-ber; from H1396; properly, a valiant man or warrior; generally, a person simply:—every one, man, × mighty.]


No comments: