Monday, October 08, 2018

Isaiah 41:10


Isaiah 41:10

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

a. ASV: Fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

b. YLT: Be not afraid, for with thee I am, Look not around, for I am thy God, I have strengthened thee, Yea, I have helped thee, yea, I upheld thee, With the right hand of My righteousness.

c. Amplified Bible Classic: Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.

d. Septuagint: Fear not; for I am with thee: wander not; for I am thy God, who have strengthened thee; and I have helped thee, and have established thee with my just right hand.

e. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings: Fear not for I am with you; be not siamayed, for I am your God; I have strengthened you, even helped you, and even sustained you with My righteous right hand.

1. “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God…”

a. Fear [Strong: 3372  yârêʼ, yaw-ray'; a primitive root; to fear; morally to revere; causatively to frighten:—affright, be (make) afraid, dread(-ful), (put in) fear(-ful, -fully, -ing), (be had in) reverence(-end), × see, terrible (act, -ness, thing).]

b. not [Strong: 408 'al al a negative particle (akin to 3808); not (the qualified negation, used as a deprecative); once (Job 24:25) as a noun, nothing:--nay, neither, + never, no ,nor, not, nothing (worth), rather than.]

c. for [Strong: 3588 kiy kee a primitive particle (the full form of the prepositional prefix) indicating causal relations of all kinds, antecedent or consequent; (by implication) very widely used as a relative conjunction or adverb (as below); often largely modified by other particles annexed:--and, + (forasmuch, inasmuch, where-)as, assured(-ly), + but, certainly, doubtless, + else, even, + except, for, how, (because, in, so, than) that, + nevertheless, now, rightly, seeing, since, surely, then, therefore, + (al- )though, + till, truly, + until, when, whether, while, whom, yea, yet.]

d. I [am] [Strong: 589 'aniy an-ee' contracted from 595; I:--I, (as for) me, mine, myself, we, X which, X who.]

e. with [thee] [Strong: 5973 `im eem from 6004; adverb or preposition, with (i.e. in conjunction with), in varied applications; specifically, equally with; often with prepositional prefix (and then usually unrepresented in English):--accompanying, against, and, as (X long as), before, beside, by (reason of), for all, from (among, between), in, like, more than, of, (un-)to, with(-al).]

f. [be] not [Strong: 408 'al al a negative particle (akin to 3808); not (the qualified negation, used as a deprecative); once (Job 24:25) as a noun, nothing:--nay, neither, + never, no ,nor, not, nothing (worth), rather than.]

g. dismayed [Strong: 8159 sha`ah shaw-aw' a primitive root; to gaze at or about (properly, for help); by implication, to inspect, consider, compassionate, be nonplussed (as looking around in amazement) or bewildered:--depart, be dim, be dismayed, look (away), regard, have respect, spare, turn.]

h. for [Strong: 3588 kiy kee a primitive particle (the full form of the prepositional prefix) indicating causal relations of all kinds, antecedent or consequent; (by implication) very widely used as a relative conjunction or adverb (as below); often largely modified by other particles annexed:--and, + (forasmuch, inasmuch, where-)as, assured(-ly), + but, certainly, doubtless, + else, even, + except, for, how, (because, in, so, than) that, + nevertheless, now, rightly, seeing, since, surely, then, therefore, + (al- )though, + till, truly, + until, when, whether, while, whom, yea, yet.]

h. I [am] [Strong: 589 'aniy an-ee' contracted from 595; I:--I, (as for) me, mine, myself, we, X which, X who.]
i. [thy] God [Strong: 430 ʼĕlôhîym, el-o-heem'; plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:—angels, × exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), × (very) great, judges, × mighty.]

1). Joshua 1:8, 9 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

2. “...I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee…”

a. [I will] strengthen [thee] [Strong: 553 ʼâmats, aw-mats'; a primitive root; to be alert, physically (on foot) or mentally (in courage):—confirm, be courageous (of good courage, stedfastly minded, strong, stronger), establish, fortify, harden, increase, prevail, strengthen (self), make strong (obstinate, speed).]

b. yea [Strong: 637 'aph af a primitive particle; meaning accession (used as an adverb or conjunction); also or yea; adversatively though:--also, + although, and (furthermore, yet), but, even, + how much less (more, rather than), moreover, with, yea.]

c. [I will] help [thee] [Strong: 5826 ʻâzar, aw-zar'; a primitive root; to surround, i.e. protect or aid:—help, succour.]

3. “...yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

a. yea [Strong: 637 'aph af a primitive particle; meaning accession (used as an adverb or conjunction); also or yea; adversatively though:--also, + although, and (furthermore, yet), but, even, + how much less (more, rather than), moreover, with, yea.]

b. [I will] uphold [you] [Strong: 8551 tâmak, taw-mak'; a primitive root; to sustain; by implication, to obtain, keep fast; figuratively, to help, follow close:—(take, up-) hold (up), maintain, retain, stay (up).]

c. [with the] right hand [Strong: 3225 yâmîyn, yaw-meen'; from H3231; the right hand or side (leg, eye) of a person or other object (as the stronger and more dexterous); locally, the south:— left-handed, right (hand, side), south.]

1). Under the Old Covenant God promised to uphold His people with the right hand of His righteousness. Under the New Covenant we are seated at His right hand.

a). Ephesians 1:19, 20  And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

b). Ephesians 2:5, 6 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

d. [of my] righteousness [Strong: 6664 tsedeq, tseh'-dek; from H6663; the right (natural, moral or legal); also (abstractly) equity or (figuratively) prosperity:—× even, (× that which is altogether) just(-ice), (un-)right(-eous) (cause, -ly, -ness).]

1). E.W. Kenyon: Righteousness: means the ability to stand in the presence of the
Father God without the sense of guilt. [E.W. Kenyon goes on and adds “or inferiority”, but personally I am inferior to God. He is Almighty God and I am not.]

2). Under the New Covenant  because of our faith in Jesus Christ, we have been given the righteousness of God.

a). Romans 3:21, 22 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

b). 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

3). In our struggles against evil spirit beings, the righteousness of God is our breastplate, along with the other pieces of spiritual armor. The armor of God.

a). Ephesians 6:11-17 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

No comments: