Saturday, May 09, 2015

Matthew 10:32

Matthew 10:32

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

a. NLT: “Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.

b. NIV: “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.

c. YLT: 'Every one, therefore, who shall confess in me before men, I also will confess in him before my Father who is in the heavens;

d. Amplified Bible: Therefore, everyone who acknowledges Me before men and confesses Me [out of a state of oneness with Me], I will also acknowledge him before My Father Who is in heaven and confess [that I am abiding in] him.

e. Worrell Translation: “Everyone, therefore, who shall confess Me before men, him will I also confess before My Father Who is in Heaven.

1. “Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men…”

a. whosoever [3956 * pas] [Strong: including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole:--all (manner of, means), alway(-s), any (one), X daily, + ever, every (one, way), as many as, + no(-thing), X thoroughly, whatsoever, whole, whosoever.]

1). [3748 * hotis] [Strong: including the feminine hetis hay'-tis, and the neuter ho,ti hot'-ee from 3739 and 5100; which some, i.e. any that; also (definite) which same:--X and (they), (such) as, (they) that, in that they, what(-soever), whereas ye, (they) which, who(-soever).]

b. therefore [3767 * oun] [Strong: apparently a primary word; (adverbially) certainly, or (conjunctionally) accordingly:--and (so, truly), but, now (then), so (likewise then), then, therefore, verily, wherefore.]

c. shall confess [3670 * homologeo; homo-same; lego-to speak] [Strong: from a compound of the base of 3674 and 3056; to assent, i.e. covenant, acknowledge:--con- (pro-)fess, confession is made, give thanks, promise.] [Vine: literally to speak the same thing; to agree with…in Matthew 10:32, to declare openly be way of speaking out freely, such confession being the effect of deep conviction of facts.]

1). Jesus is referring here to getting born again by declaring Jesus as Lord and also afterward of living in fellowship with Him. Pointing to Christ Jesus as my source and meaning of my life.

a). Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thous shalt be saved.

d. me [1698 * emoi] [Strong: a prolonged form of 3427; to me:--I, me, mine, my.]

e. before [1715 * emprosthen] [Strong:  from 1722 and 4314; in front of (in place (literally or figuratively) or time):--against, at, before, (in presence, sight) of.]

f. men [444 * anthropos] [Strong: from 435 and ops (the countenance; from 3700); man-faced, i.e. a human being:--certain, man.]

2. “…him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.”
a. him [846 * autos] [Strong: from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of 109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, -of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which.]

b. will I confess [3670 * homologeo; homo-same; lego-to speak] [Strong: from a compound of the base of 3674 and 3056; to assent, i.e. covenant, acknowledge:--con- (pro-)fess, confession is made, give thanks, promise.] [Vine: literally to speak the same thing; to agree with…in Matthew 10:32, to declare openly be way of speaking out freely, such confession being the effect of deep conviction of facts.]

c. before [1715 * emprosthen] [Strong:  from 1722 and 4314; in front of (in place (literally or figuratively) or time):--against, at, before, (in presence, sight) of.]

d. my [3450 * mou] [Strong: the simpler form of 1700; of me:--I, me, mine (own), my.]

e. Father [3962 * pater] [Strong: apparently a primary word; a "father" (literally or figuratively, near or more remote):--father, parent.]

f. which [3588 * ho] [Strong: including the feminine he hay, and the neuter to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.]

g. is in [1722 * en] [Strong: a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between 1519 and 1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:--about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (... sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, (speedi-)ly, X that, X there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(-with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition.]

h. heaven [3772 * ouranos] [Strong:  perhaps from the same as 3735 (through the idea of elevation); the sky; by extension, heaven (as the abode of God); by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel (Christianity):--air, heaven(-ly), sky.]


No comments: