Monday, May 18, 2015

Matthew 10:40

Matthew 10:40

He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

a. NLT: “Anyone who receives you receives me, and anyone who receives me receives the Father who sent me.

b. NIV: “Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.

c. YLT: 'He who is receiving you doth receive me, and he who is receiving me doth receive Him who sent me,

d. Amplified Bible:  He who receives and welcomes and accepts you receives and welcomes and accepts Me, and he who receives and welcomes and accepts Me receives and welcomes and accepts Him Who sent Me.

e. Worrell Translation: “He that receives you receives Me; and he that receives Me receives Him Who sent Me.

1. “He that receiveth you receiveth me…”

a. he that receiveth [1209 * dechomai] [Strong: middle voice of a primary verb; to receive (in various applications, literally or figuratively):--accept, receive, take.]

b. you [5209 * humas] [Strong: middle voice of a primary verb; to receive (in various applications, literally or figuratively):--accept, receive, take.]

1). The context means also those who receive their words.

a). Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

2). The words included the message to repent. The message being the same as what jesus preached.

a). Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

b). Mark 6:12 And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

c. receiveth [1209 * dechomai] See “he that receiveth” above.

d. me [1691 * eme] [Strong: a prolonged form of 3165; me:--I, me, my(-self).]

2. “…and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.”

a. and  [2532 * kai] [Strong: apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.]

b. he that receiveth [1209 * dechomai] [Strong: middle voice of a primary verb; to receive (in various applications, literally or figuratively):--accept, receive, take.]

c. me [1691 * eme] [Strong: a prolonged form of 3165; me:--I, me, my(-self).]

d. receiveth [1209 * dechomai] See “he that receiveth” above.

e. him that sent [649 * apostello] [Strong: from 575 and 4724; set apart, i.e. (by implication) to send out (properly, on a mission) literally or figuratively:--put in, send (away, forth, out), set (at liberty)]

f. me [3165 * me] [Strong: a shorter (and probably originally) from of 1691; me:--I, me, my.


No comments: