Wednesday, December 09, 2015

John 17:24

John 17:24

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

a. NLT: Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began!

b. NIV: “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

c. YLT: 'Father, those whom Thou hast given to me, I will that where I am they also may be with me, that they may behold my glory that Thou didst give to me, because Thou didst love me before the foundation of the world.

d. Amplified Bible Classic: Father, I desire that they also whom You have entrusted to Me [as Your gift to Me] may be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory, which You have given Me [Your love gift to Me]; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

e. Worrell Translation: Father, as to what Thou hast given Me, I desire that they also maybe with Me, where I am; that they may behold my glory, which Thou hast given Me; be cause Thou didst love Me before the founding of the world.

1.  “Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me…”

a. Father [3962 * pater] [Strong: apparently a primary word; a "father" (literally or figuratively, near or more remote):--father, parent.]

b. I will [2309 *  thelo, or ethelo, in certain tenses theleo, and etheleo] [Strong: to determine (as an active option from subjective impulse; whereas 1014 properly denotes rather a passive acquiescence in objective considerations), i.e. choose or prefer (literally or figuratively); by implication, to wish, i.e. be inclined to (sometimes adverbially, gladly); impersonally for the future tense, to be about to; by Hebraism, to delight in:--desire, be disposed (forward), intend, list, love, mean, please, have rather, (be) will (have, -ling, - ling(-ly)).]

c. that [2443 * hina] [Strong: probably from the same as the former part of 1438 (through the demonstrative idea; compare 3588); in order that (denoting the purpose or the result):--albeit, because, to the intent (that), lest, so as, (so) that, (for) to.]

d. they also [2548 * kakeinos] [Strong: from 2532 and 1565; likewise that (or those):--and him (other, them), even he, him also, them (also), (and) they.]

e. whom [3739 * hos, including feminine he, and neuter ho] [Strong: probably a primary word (or perhaps a form of the article 3588); the relatively (sometimes demonstrative) pronoun, who, which, what, that:--one, (an-, the) other, some, that, what, which, who(-m, -se), etc.]
f. thou hast given [1325 * didomi] [Strong: a prolonged form of a primary verb (which is used as an alternative in most of the tenses); to give (used in a very wide application, properly, or by implication, literally or figuratively; greatly modified by the connection):--adventure, bestow, bring forth, commit, deliver (up), give, grant, hinder, make, minister, number, offer, have power, put, receive, set, shew, smite (+ with the hand), strike (+ with the palm of the hand), suffer, take, utter, yield.]

g. me [3427 * moi] [Strong: the simpler form of 1698; to me:--I, me, mine, my.]

2. “… be with me where I am…”

a. be [5600 * o including the oblique forms, as well as es, e] [Strong: etc. the subjunctive of 1510; (may, might, can, could, would, should, must, etc.; also with 1487 and its comparative, as well as with other particles) be:--+ appear, are, (may, might, should) be, X have, is, + pass the flower of her age, should stand, were.]

b. with [3326 * meta] [Strong: a primary preposition (often used adverbially); properly, denoting accompaniment; "amid" (local or causal); modified variously according to the case (genitive association, or accusative succession) with which it is joined; occupying an intermediate position between 575 or 1537 and 1519 or 4314; less intimate than 1722 and less close than 4862):--after(-ward), X that he again, against, among, X and, + follow, hence, hereafter, in, of, (up-)on, + our, X and setting, since, (un-)to, + together, when, with (+ -out). Often used in composition, in substantially the same relations of participation or proximity, and transfer or sequence.]

c. me [1700 * emou] [Strong: a prolonged form of 3449; of me:--me, mine, my.]

d. where [3699 * hopou] [Strong: from 3739 and 4225; what(-ever) where, i.e. at whichever spot:--in what place, where(-as, -soever), whither (+ soever).]

e. I [1473 * ego] [Strong:  a primary pronoun of the first person I (only expressed when emphatic):--I, me.]

f. am [1510 * eimi] [Strong: first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist (used only when emphatic):--am, have been, X it is I, was.]

3. “…that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me…”

a. that [2443 * hina] [Strong: probably from the same as the former part of 1438 (through the demonstrative idea; compare 3588); in order that (denoting the purpose or the result):--albeit, because, to the intent (that), lest, so as, (so) that, (for) to.]

b. they may behold [2334 * theoreo] [Strong: from a derivative of 2300 (perhaps by addition of 3708); to be a spectator of, i.e. discern, (literally, figuratively (experience) or intensively (acknowledge)):--behold, consider, look on, perceive, see.]

c. my [1699 * emos] [Strong: from the oblique cases of 1473 (1698, 1700, 1691); my:--of me, mine (own), my.]

d. glory [1391 * doxa] [Strong: from the base of 1380; glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literal or figurative, objective or subjective):--dignity, glory(-ious), honour, praise, worship.]

e. which [3739 * hos, including feminine he, and neuter ho] [Strong: probably a primary word (or perhaps a form of the article 3588); the relatively (sometimes demonstrative) pronoun, who, which, what, that:--one, (an-, the) other, some, that, what, which, who(-m, -se), etc.]

f. thou hast given [1325 * didomi] [Strong: a prolonged form of a primary verb (which is used as an alternative in most of the tenses); to give (used in a very wide application, properly, or by implication, literally or figuratively; greatly modified by the connection):--adventure, bestow, bring forth, commit, deliver (up), give, grant, hinder, make, minister, number, offer, have power, put, receive, set, shew, smite (+ with the hand), strike (+ with the palm of the hand), suffer, take, utter, yield.]

g. me [3427 * moi] [Strong: the simpler form of 1698; to me:--I, me, mine, my.]

4. “…for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.”

a. for [3754 * hoti] [Strong: neuter of 3748 as conjunction; demonstrative, that (sometimes redundant); causative, because:--as concerning that, as though, because (that), for (that), how (that), (in) that, though, why.]

b. thou lovest [25 * agapao] [Strong: perhaps from agan (much) (or compare 5689); to love (in a social or moral sense):--(be-)love(-ed).]

c. me [3165 * me] [Strong: a shorter (and probably originally) from of 1691; me:--I, me, my.]

d. before [4253 * pro] [Strong: a primary preposition; "fore", i.e. in front of, prior (figuratively, superior) to:--above, ago, before, or ever. In the comparative, it retains the same significations.]

e. the foundation [2602 * katabole] [Strong: from 2598; a deposition, i.e. founding; figuratively, conception:--conceive, foundation.]

f. of the world [2889 * kosmos] [Strong:  probably from the base of 2865; orderly arrangement, i.e. decoration; by implication, the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively (morally)):--adorning, world.]

1). The same love that the LORD God had for the LORD God (the pre-Incarnate Christ), is the same love that He had for us before the foundation of the world and what motivated Him to conceive the plan of redemption before the earth was ever created.

a). John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

b). 1 Peter 1:18-20 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,



No comments: