Sunday, September 21, 2008

Acts 2:28

Acts 2:28

Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

a. NLT: You have shown me the way of life, and you will fill me with the joy of your presence.

b. NIV: You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.

c. YLT: Thou didst make known to me ways of life, Thou shalt fill me with joy with Thy countenance.

d. Amplified Bible: You have made known to me the ways of life; You will enrapture me [diffusing my soul with joy] with and in Your presence.

e. Worrell Translation: Thou didst make known to Me the ways of life; Thou wilt make Me full of gladness with Thy presence.

1. “Thou hast made known to me the ways of life…”

a. thou hast made known [1107 * gnorizo] [Strong: from a derivative of 1097; to make known; subjectively, to know:--certify, declare, make known, give to understand, do to wit, wot.]

b. to me [3427 * moi] [Strong: the simpler form of 1698; to me:--I, me, mine, my.

c. the ways [3598 * hodos] [Strong:  apparently a primary word; a road; by implication, a progress (the route, act or distance); figuratively, a mode or means:--journey, (high-)way.]

d. of life [2222 * zoe] [Strong: from 2198; life (literally or figuratively):--life(-time).]

2. “…thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.”

a. thou shall make…full [4137 * pleroo] [Strong: from 4134; to make replete, i.e. (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.:--accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply.]

b. me [3165 * me] [Strong: a shorter (and probably originally) from of 1691; me:--I, me, my.]

c. joy [2167 * euohrosune] [Strong: from the same as 2165; joyfulness:--gladness, joy]

d. with [3326 * meta] [Strong:   a primary preposition (often used adverbially); properly, denoting accompaniment; "amid" (local or causal); modified variously according to the case (genitive association, or accusative succession) with which it is joined; occupying an intermediate position between 575 or 1537 and 1519 or 4314; less intimate than 1722 and less close than 4862):--after(-ward), X that he again, against, among, X and, + follow, hence, hereafter, in, of, (up-)on, + our, X and setting, since, (un-)to, + together, when, with (+ -out). Often used in composition, in substantially the same relations of participation or proximity, and transfer or sequence.]

e. thy [4675 * sou] [Strong: genitive case of 4771; of thee, thy:--X home, thee, thine (own), thou, thy.]

f. countenance [4383 * prosopon] [Strong: from 4314 and ops (the visage, from 3700); the front (as being towards view), i.e. the countenance, aspect, appearance, surface; by implication, presence, person:--(outward) appearance, X before, countenance, face, fashion, (men's) person, presence.]

No comments: