Saturday, January 27, 2007

After The Mourning

After the mourning

1. There are a number of Scriptures that I believe fit right here chronologically, that is, after the mourning period and the comforting process is. The first is Psalm 30:11, 12

a. Psalm 30:11, 12 “Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me  with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

2. Another is Isaiah 12:1-6.

a. Isaiah 12:1-6 “And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation;I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation, Therefore with joy shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalteld. Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things; this is known in all the earth. Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

1). The phrase “the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee,” is not an abstract truth in the sense of God being in the Temple in the midst of Israel. No, Jesus will be there bodily.

3. Compare also Zephaniah.

a. Zephaniah 3:14-17 “Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem. The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more. In that day is shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack. The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

1). rejoice (7797 * suws) Greatly joy, be glad; Gesenius: To leap, to spring, rejoice.

2). joy (1523 * guwl) To spin around (under the influence of any violent emotion. Gesenius: to dance, to leap for joy.

3). I believe the world is going to see Jesus dance wildly after his reunion with his people. In fact, I believe it will
be “with all his might.”

4. Other passages that fit here chronologically, are Isaiah 61:7-11; and Jeremiah 33:9-14.

No comments: