Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Acts 9:4


Acts 9:4

And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutes thou me?

1.”And he fell to the earth…”

a.    In the same testimony Paul gave to King Agrippa he tells that not only he but everyone with him were knocked to the ground. They may or may not have been riding horses.

1). Acts 26:14 “And when we were all fallen to the earth…”

2). This of course is an example of when the power of God meets the natural material world, the natural has to give. There are other examples in Scripture.

a). John 18:4-6 “Jesus then, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?
They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.”

2. “…and heard a voice saying to him, Saul, Saul, why persecutes thou me?”

a. Paul later told King Agrippa that Jesus spoke to him in Hebrew:

1). Acts 26:14 “And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutes thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.”

a). This verse reveals that God had been dealing with Paul for a while.

No comments: