Thursday, May 02, 2013

Psalm 91:15

Psalm 91:15

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

a. NLT: When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.

b. NIV: He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

c. Amplified Bible: He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

d. Septuagint [Listed under Psalm 90:15]: He shall call upon me, and I will hearken to him: I am with him in affliction; and I will deliver him, and glorify him.

e. Stone Edition Torah/Writings/Prophets: He will call upon Me and I will answere him, I am with him in distress; and I will release him and I will bring him honor.

1. “He shall call upon me and I will answer him…”

a. call [7121 * qara’][Strong: a primitive root (rather identical with 'qara'' (7122) through the idea of accosting a person met); to call out to (i.e. properly, address by name, but used in a wide variety of applications):--bewray (self), that are bidden, call (for, forth, self, upon), cry (unto), (be) famous, guest, invite, mention, (give) name, preach, (make) proclaim(- ation), pronounce, publish, read, renowned, say.

b. answer [6030 * ‘anah][Strong: a primitive root; properly, to eye or (generally) to heed, i.e. pay attention; by implication, to respond; by extens. to begin to speak; specifically to sing, shout, testify, announce:--give account, afflict (by mistake for '`anah' (6031)), (cause to, give) answer, bring low (by mistake for '`anah' (6031)), cry, hear, Leannoth, lift up, say, X scholar, (give a) shout, sing (together by course), speak, testify, utter, (bear) witness.

c. There is an interesting passage in Isaiah that without doubt refers chronologically to the Millennial reign of Christ, but also applies sometimes I believe to prayer in this time.

1). Isaiah 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

d. We must not forget the more familiar verse promising salvation in Romans.

1). Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

2. “…I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him…”

a. trouble [6869 * tsarah][Strong: tightness (i.e. figuratively, trouble); transitively, a female rival:--adversary, adversity, affliction, anguish, distress, tribulation, trouble.]

b. deliver [2502 * chalats][Strong: a primitive root; to pull off; hence (intensively) to strip, (reflex.) to depart; by implication, to deliver, equip (for fight); present, strengthen:--arm (self), (go, ready) armed (X man, soldier), deliver, draw out, make fat, loose, (ready) prepared, put off, take away, withdraw self.

3. “…and honour him.”


       a. honour [3513 * kabad][Strong: a primitive root; to be heavy, i.e. in a bad sense (burdensome,          severe, dull) or in a good sense (numerous, rich, honorable; causatively, to make weighty (in the          same two senses):--abounding with, more grievously afflict, boast, be chargeable, X be dim,                glorify, be (make) glorious (things), glory, (very) great, be grievous, harden, be (make) heavy, be        heavier, lay heavily, (bring to, come to, do, get, be had in) honour (self), (be) honourable (man),          lade, X more be laid, make self many, nobles, prevail, promote (to honour), be rich, be (go) sore,        stop.]

No comments: