Monday, November 06, 2017

Hebrews 3:9

Hebrews 3:9
When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

1. “When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.”

a. When [Strong: 3757 hou hoo genitive case of 3739 as adverb; at which place, i.e. where:--where(-in), whither(-soever).]

b. your [Strong: 5216 humon hoo-mone' genitive case of 5210; of (from or concerning) you:--ye, you, your (own, -selves).]

c. fathers [Strong: 3962 pater pat-ayr' apparently a primary word; a "father" (literally or figuratively, near or more remote):--father, parent.]

d. tempted [Strong: 3985  peirazo pi-rad'-zo from 3984; to test (objectively), i.e. endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline:--assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt(-er), try.]

e. me [Strong: 3965 me meh a shorter (and probably originally) from of 1691; me:--I, me, my.]

f. proved [Strong: 1381 dokimazo dok-im-ad'-zo from 1384; to test (literally or figuratively); by implication, to approve:--allow, discern, examine, X like, (ap-)prove, try.

g. me [Strong: 3965 me meh a shorter (and probably originally) from of 1691; me:--I, me, my.]

h. and [Strong: 2532 kai kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.]

i. saw [Strong: 1492 eido i'-do a primary verb; used only in certain past tenses, the others being borrowed from the equivalent 3700 and 3708; properly, to see (literally or figuratively); by implication, (in the perfect tense only) to know:--be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider, (have) know(-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wish, wot.]

j. my [Strong: 3450 mou moo the simpler form of 1700; of me:--I, me, mine (own), my.]

k. works [Strong: 2041 ergon er'-gon from a primary (but obsolete) ergo (to work); toil (as an effort or occupation); by implication, an act:--deed, doing, labour, work.]

l. forty [Strong: 5062 tessarakonta tes-sar-ak'-on-tah the decade of 5064; forty:--forty.]

m. years [Strong: 2094 etos et'-os apparently a primary word; a year:--year.]

No comments: