Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Leviticus 26:14-16

Leviticus 26:14-16

But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;
And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant:
I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

1. “…and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.”

a. Inject this into the New Covenant and we can see an interpretation of part of the parable of the Sower.

1). Matthew 13:3, 4 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

2). Matthew 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

No comments: