Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Psalm 88:1

Psalm 88:1

O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee:

a. NLT: O LORD, God of my salvation, I cry out to you by day. I come to you at night.

b. NIV: LORD, you are the God who saves me; day and night I cry out to you.

c. YLT:  O Jehovah, God of my salvation, Daily I have cried, nightly before Thee,

d. Amplified Bible Classic: O Lord, the God of my salvation, I have cried to You for help by day; at night I am in Your presence.

e. Septuagint [Psalm 87:1]: O Lord God of my salvation, I have cried by day and in the night before thee.

f. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings [Psalm 88:2]:HASHEM, God of my salvation, I cried out by day, and by night before You.

1. O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee:

a. O LORD [Strong: 3068 Yhovah yeh-ho-vaw' from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord.]

b. God [Strong: 430 'elohiym el-o-heem' plural of 433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:--angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.]

c. of my salvation [Strong: 3444 yshuw`ah yesh-oo'-aw feminine passive participle of 3467; something saved, i.e. (abstractly) deliverance; hence, aid, victory, prosperity:--deliverance, health, help(-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.]

d. I have cried [Strong: 6817 tsa`aq tsaw-ak' a primitive root; to shriek; (by implication) to proclaim (an assembly):--X at all, call together, cry (out), gather (selves) (together).]

e. day [Strong: 3117 yowm yome from an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literal (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figurative (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverb):--age, + always, + chronicals, continually(-ance), daily, ((birth-), each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever(-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (... live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year(-ly), + younger.]

f. [and] night [Strong: 3915 layil lah'-yil or (Isa. 21:11) leyl {lale}; also laylah {lah'- yel-aw}; from the same as 3883; properly, a twist (away of the light), i.e. night; figuratively, adversity:--((mid-))night (season).]

g. before [thee] [Strong: 5048 neged neh'-ghed from 5046; a front, i.e. part opposite; specifically a counterpart, or mate; usually (adverbial, especially with preposition) over against or before:--about, (over) against, X aloof, X far (off), X from, over, presence, X other side, sight, X to view.]

No comments: