Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Psalm 88:2

Psalm 88:2

Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry;

a. NLT: Now hear my prayer; listen to my cry.

b. NIV: May my prayer come before you; turn your ear to my cry.

c. YLT: My prayer cometh in before Thee, Incline Thine ear to my loud cry,

d. Amplified Bible Classic: Let my prayer come before You and really enter into Your presence; incline Your ear to my cry!

e. Septuagint [Psalm 87:2]:  Let my prayer come in before thee; incline thine ear to my supplication, O Lord.

f. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings [Psalm 88:3]: Let my prayer come before You, incline Your ear to my supplication.  

1. “Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry;”

a. Let my prayer [Strong: 8605 tphillah tef-il-law' from 6419; intercession, supplication; by implication, a hymn:--prayer.]

b. come [Strong: 935 bow' bo a primitive root; to go or come (in a wide variety of applications):--abide, apply, attain, X be, befall, + besiege, bring (forth, in, into, to pass), call, carry, X certainly, (cause, let, thing for) to come (against, in, out, upon, to pass), depart, X doubtless again, + eat, + employ, (cause to) enter (in, into, -tering, -trance, -try), be fallen, fetch, + follow, get, give, go (down, in, to war), grant, + have, X indeed, (in-)vade, lead, lift (up), mention, pull in, put, resort, run (down), send, set, X (well) stricken (in age), X surely, take (in), way.]

c. before [thee] [Strong: 6440  paniym paw-neem' plural (but always as singular) of an unused noun (paneh {paw-neh'}; from 6437); the face (as the part that turns); used in a great variety of applications (literally and figuratively); also (with prepositional prefix) as a preposition (before, etc.):--+ accept, a-(be- )fore(-time), against, anger, X as (long as), at, + battle, + because (of), + beseech, countenance, edge, + employ, endure, + enquire, face, favour, fear of, for, forefront(-part), form(-er time, -ward), from, front, heaviness, X him(-self), + honourable, + impudent, + in, it, look(-eth) (- s), X me, + meet, X more than, mouth, of, off, (of) old (time), X on, open, + out of, over against, the partial, person, + please, presence, propect, was purposed, by reason of, + regard, right forth, + serve, X shewbread, sight, state, straight, + street, X thee, X them(-selves), through (+ - out), till, time(-s) past, (un-)to(-ward), + upon, upside (+ down), with(- in, + -stand), X ye, X you.

d. incline [Strong: 5186  natah naw-taw' a primitive root; to stretch or spread out; by implication, to bend away (including moral deflection); used in a great variety of application (as follows):--+ afternoon, apply, bow (down, - ing), carry aside, decline, deliver, extend, go down, be gone, incline, intend, lay, let down, offer, outstretched, overthrown, pervert, pitch, prolong, put away, shew, spread (out), stretch (forth, out), take (aside), turn (aside, away), wrest, cause to yield.]

e. [thine] ear [Strong: 241 'ozen o'-zen from 238; broadness. i.e. (concrete) the ear (from its form in man):--+ advertise, audience, + displease, ear, hearing, + show.]

f. unto my cry [Strong: 7440 rinnah rin-naw' from 7442; properly, a creaking (or shrill sound), i.e. shout (of joy or grief):--cry, gladness, joy, proclamation, rejoicing, shouting, sing(-ing), triumph.]

No comments: