Sunday, August 02, 2009

Acts 13:34

Acts 13:34

And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

1. “And as concerning that he raised up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise…”

a. It is extremely clear to me when all the evidence is looked at that Acts 13:33 is not referring to the resurrection of Jesus Christ, but is referring to his promised incarnation in the working out of the Covenant. It is also clear to me that Acts 13:34 is referring to the resurrection from the dead of Jesus Christ and is also a promise in the working out of the Covenant. This is a no brainer to me.

2. “…I will give you the sure mercies of David.”

a. The fact that the Apostle Paul used this phrase in connection to the resurrection from the dead opens up another door to us in Isaiah 55 which is where this quote comes from.

1). Isaiah 55:3 “Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.”

2). How can you make an everlasting covenant with someone unless living eternally is not part of the covenant?

No comments: