Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Isaiah 50:6


Isaiah 50:6

I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to that that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

1. “I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to that that plucked off the hair…”

a. This is a reference to Jesus as he was being persecuted by the Jewish leaders and perhaps the Roman soldiers.

1). Matthew 27:66-68 What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.
Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands,
 Saying, Prophesy unto us, thou Christ, Who is he that smote thee?

2. “…I hid not my face from shame and spitting.”

a. Mark 14:64, 65 Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.
And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands.

b. Later on in the book of Isaiah the Spirit of God tells us that the face of Jesus was so marred and abused .

1). Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

No comments: