Monday, January 02, 2017

Galatians 1:24

Galatians 1:24

And they glorified God in me.

a. NLT: And they praised God because of me.

b. NIV: And they praised God because of me.

c. YLT: And they were glorifying God in me.

d. Amplified Bible Classic: And they glorified God [as the Author and Source of what had taken place] in me.

e. Worrell Translation: And they were glorifying God in me.

f. Wuest Translation: And they were continually glorifying God [for that which they found] in me.

1. “And they glorified God in me.”

a. And [Strong: 2532 kai kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.]

b. they glorified [Strong: 1392 doxazo dox-ad'-zo from 1391; to render (or esteem) glorious (in a wide application):--(make) glorify(-ious), full of (have) glory, honour, magnify.]

c. God [Strong: 2316 theos theh'-os of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:--X exceeding, God, god(-ly, -ward).]

d. in [Strong: 1722 en en a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between 1519 and 1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:--about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (... sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, (speedi-)ly, X that, X there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(-with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition.]

e. me [Strong: 1698 emoi em-oy' a prolonged form of 3427; to me:--I, me, mine, my.]

1). They glorified God in Paul, because it was the grace of God in Paul and not Paul.

a). 1 Cor. 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

No comments: