Monday, January 30, 2017

Philippians 3:1



Philippians 3:1

Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

a. NLT: Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith.

b. NIV: Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you.

c. YLT: As to the rest, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord; the same things to write to you to me indeed is not tiresome, and for you is sure;

d. Amplified Bible Classic: For the rest, my brethren, delight yourselves in the Lord and continue to rejoice that you are in Him. To keep writing to you [over and over] of the same things is not irksome to me, and it is [a precaution] for your safety.

e. Worrell Translation: Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you to me, indeed, is not irksome, while for you it is safe.

f. Wuest Translation: As for the rest [of which I wish to say to you] my brethremn, be constantly rejoicing in the Lord. To be writing the same things to you is not to me irksome or tedious, while it is safe.

1. “Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord…”

a. Finally [Strong: 3063 loipon loy-pon' neuter singular of the same as 3062; something remaining (adverbially):--besides, finally, furthermore, (from) henceforth, moreover, now, + it remaineth, then.]

b. my [Strong: 3450 mou moo the simpler form of 1700; of me:--I, me, mine (own), my.]

c. brethren [Strong: 80 adephos ad-el-fos' from 1 (as a connective particle) and delphus (the womb); a brother (literally or figuratively) near or remote (much like 1):--brother.]

d. rejoice [Strong: 5463 chairo khah'-ee-ro a primary verb; to be "cheer"ful, i.e. calmly happy or well-off; impersonally, especially as salutation (on meeting or parting), be well:--farewell, be glad, God speed, greeting, hail, joy(- fully), rejoice.] [Thayer: to rejoice, be glad.]

e. in [1722 * en] [Strong: a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between 1519 and 1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:--about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (... sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, (speedi-)ly, X that, X there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(-with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition.]

f. the Lord [Strong: 2962 kurios koo'-ree-os from kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, i.e. (as noun) controller; by implication, Master (as a respectful title):-- God, Lord, master, Sir.]

2. “…To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.”

a. To write [Strong: 1125 grapho graf'-o a primary verb; to "grave", especially to write; figuratively, to describe:--describe, write(-ing, -ten).]

b. the [Strong: 3588 ho ho, including the feminine he hay, and the neuter to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.]

c. same things [Strong: 846 autos ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of 109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, -of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which.]

d. to you [Strong: 5213 humin hoo-min' irregular dative case of 5210; to (with or by) you:--ye, you, your(-selves).]

e. to me [Strong: 1698 emoi em-oy' a prolonged form of 3427; to me:--I, me, mine, my.]

f. indeed [Strong: 3303 men men a primary particle; properly, indicative of affirmation or concession (in fact); usually followed by a contrasted clause with 1161 (this one, the former, etc.):--even, indeed, so, some, truly, verily. Often compounded with other particles in an intensive or asseverative sense.]

g. is not [Strong: 3756 ou oo, also (before a vowel) ouk ook, and (before an aspirate) ouch ookh a primary word; the absolute negative (compare 3361) adverb; no or not:--+ long, nay, neither, never, no (X man), none, (can-)not, + nothing, + special, un(-worthy), when, + without, + yet but.]

h. grievous [Strong: 3636   okneros ok-nay-ros' from 3635; tardy, i.e. indolent; (figuratively) irksome:--grievous, slothful.]

i. but [Strong: 1161 de deh a primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.:--also, and, but, moreover, now (often unexpressed in English).]

j. for you [Strong: 5213 humin hoo-min' irregular dative case of 5210; to (with or by) you:--ye, you, your(-selves).]

k. it is safe [Strong: 804 asphales as-fal-ace' from 1 (as a negative particle) and sphallo (to "fail"); secure (literally or figuratively):--certain(-ty), safe, sure.]


No comments: