Saturday, January 21, 2017

Philippians 1:21

Philippians 1:21

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

a. NLT: For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better.

b. NIV: For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

c. YLT: For to me to live is Christ, and to die gain.

d. Amplified Bible Classic: For me to live is Christ [His life in me], and to die is gain [the gain of the glory of eternity].

e. Worrell Translation: For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

f. Wuest Translation: For, so ar as I am concerned, to be living. Both as to my very existence and my experience, [that is] Christ, and to have died, that would be gain.

1. “For to me to live is Christ…”

a. For [Strong: 1063 gar gar a primary particle; properly, assigning a reason (used in argument, explanation or intensification; often with other particles):--and, as, because (that), but, even, for, indeed, no doubt, seeing, then, therefore, verily, what, why, yet.]

b. to me [Strong: 1698 emoi em-oy' a prolonged form of 3427; to me:--I, me, mine, my.]

c. to live [Strong: 2198 zao dzah'-o a primary verb; to live (literally or figuratively):--life(-time), (a-)live(-ly), quick.]

d. [is] Christ [Strong: 5547 Christos khris-tos' from 5548; anointed, i.e. the Messiah, an epithet of Jesus:--Christ.]

1). To live His life in me.

a). Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

b). 2 Corinthians 4:10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

2. “…and to die is gain.”

a. and [Strong: 2532 kai kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.]

b. to die [Strong: 599  apothnesko ap-oth-nace'-ko from 575 and 2348; to die off (literally or figuratively):--be dead, death, die, lie a-dying, be slain (X with).]

c. is gain [Strong: 2771 kerdos ker'-dos of uncertain affinity; gain (pecuniary or genitive case):--gain, lucre.]

1). The gain of going to heaven.

No comments: