Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Psalm 139:22

 Psalm 139:22

I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.


a. ASV:  I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies. [Thomas Nelson & Sons first published the American Standard Version in 1901. This translation of the Bible is in the public domain.]


b. YLT: With perfect hatred I have hated them, Enemies they have become to me.  [The Young's Literal Translation was translated by Robert Young, who believed in a strictly literal translation of God's word. This version of the Bible is in the public domain.]


c. Classic Amplified: I hate them with perfect hatred; they have become my enemies.  [Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation]


d. NLT: Yes, I hate them with total hatred, for your enemies are my enemies. [Scripture quotations marked (NLT) are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.]


e. Tehillim/Psalms: I despise them with the utmost matred, I regard them as my own enemies.  [THE ARTSCROLL TANACH SERIES TEHILLIM / PSALMS PERSONAL SIZE EDITION VOL.1 Ⓒ Copyright 1977, 1985, 1996 by MESORAH PUBLICATIONS, Ltd.]


f. The Israel Bible: I feel a perfect hatred toward them; I count them my enemies.  [The English Translation was adapted by Israel 365 from the JPS Tanakh. Copyright Ⓒ 1985 by the Jewish Publication Society. All rights reserved.]


1. “I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.”


a. [I] hate [them [Strong: 8130 sane' saw-nay' a primitive root; to hate (personally):--enemy, foe, (be) hate(-ful, -r), odious, X utterly.]


b. perfect [Strong: 8503 takliyth tak-leeth' from 3615; completion; by implication, an extremity:--end, perfect(-ion).]


c. hatred [Strong: 8135 sin'ah sin-aw' from 8130; hate:--+ exceedingly, hate(-ful, - red).]


d. I [Strong: 589 'aniy an-ee' contracted from 595; I:--I, (as for) me, mine, myself, we, X which, X who.]


e. count them [Strong: 1961 hayah haw-yaw a primitive root (Compare 1933); to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary):--beacon, X altogether, be(-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-)self, require, X use.]


f. [mine] enemies [Strong: 341 'oyeb o-yabe' or (fully) owyeb {o-yabe'}; active participle of 340; hating; an adversary:--enemy, foe.]


1). Under the New Covenant we are not to hate our enemies, but love and bless them.


a). Matthew 5:43-48 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.


b). 1 Corinthians 13:1-8 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.


No comments: