Thursday, January 02, 2020

Ezekiel 37:13

Ezekiel 37:13

And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

a. ASV: And ye shall know that I am Jehovah, when I have opened your graves, and caused you to come up out of your graves, O my people.

b. YLT: And ye have known that I am Jehovah, In My opening your graves, And in My bringing you up out of your graves, O My people.

c. Classic Amplified: And you shall know that I am the Lord [your Sovereign Ruler], when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, O My people.

d. Septuagint: And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, that I may bring up my people from [their] graves.

e. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/ Writings: Then you will know that I am HASHEM, when I open your graves and when I raise you up from your graves, My people.

1. “And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves…”

a. [And ye shall] know [Strong: 3045 yada` yaw-dah' a primitive root; to know (properly, to ascertain by seeing); used in a great variety of senses, figuratively, literally, euphemistically and inferentially (including observation, care, recognition; and causatively, instruction, designation, punishment, etc.) (as follow):--acknowledge, acquaintance(-ted with), advise, answer, appoint, assuredly, be aware, (un-)awares, can(-not), certainly, comprehend, consider, X could they, cunning, declare, be diligent, (can, cause to) discern, discover, endued with, familiar friend, famous, feel, can have, be (ig-)norant, instruct, kinsfolk, kinsman, (cause to let, make) know, (come to give, have, take) knowledge, have (knowledge), (be, make, make to be, make self) known, + be learned, + lie by man, mark, perceive, privy to, X prognosticator, regard, have respect, skilful, shew, can (man of) skill, be sure, of a surety, teach, (can) tell, understand, have (understanding), X will be, wist, wit, wot.]

b. that [Strong: 3588 kiy kee a primitive particle (the full form of the prepositional prefix) indicating causal relations of all kinds, antecedent or consequent; (by implication) very widely used as a relative conjunction or adverb (as below); often largely modified by other particles annexed:--and, + (forasmuch, inasmuch, where-)as, assured(-ly), + but, certainly, doubtless, + else, even, + except, for, how, (because, in, so, than) that, + nevertheless, now, rightly, seeing, since, surely, then, therefore, + (al- )though, + till, truly, + until, when, whether, while, whom, yea, yet.

c. I [am] [Strong: 589 'aniy an-ee' contracted from 595; I:--I, (as for) me, mine, myself, we, X which, X who.]

d. [kthe] Lord [Strong: 3068 Yhovah yeh-ho-vaw' from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord.

e. [when I have] opened [Strong: 6605 pathach paw-thakh' a primitive root; to open wide (literally or figuratively); specifically, to loosen, begin, plough, carve:--appear, break forth, draw (out), let go free, (en-)grave(-n), loose (self), (be, be set) open(-ing), put off, ungird, unstop, have vent.]

f. [Strong: 853 'eth ayth apparent contracted from 226 in the demonstrative sense of entity; properly, self (but generally used to point out more definitely the object of a verb or preposition, even or namely):--(as such unrepresented in English).]

g. [your] graves [Strong: 6913 qeber, keh'-ber or (feminine) qibrah {kib-raw'}; from 69 12; a sepulchre:--burying place, grave, sepulchre.]

2. “...O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,”

a. [O my] people [Strong: 5971 `am am from 6004; a people (as a congregated unit); specifically, a tribe (as those of Israel); hence (collectively) troops or attendants; figuratively, a flock:--folk, men, nation, people.]

b. [and] brought [you] up [Strong: 5927 `alah aw-law' a primitive root; to ascend, intransitively (be high) or actively (mount); used in a great variety of senses, primary and secondary, literal and figurative (as follow):--arise (up), (cause to) ascend up, at once, break (the day) (up), bring (up), (cause to) burn, carry up, cast up, + shew, climb (up), (cause to, make to) come (up), cut off, dawn, depart, exalt, excel, fall, fetch up, get up, (make to) go (away, up); grow (over) increase, lay, leap, levy, lift (self) up, light, (make) up, X mention, mount up, offer, make to pay, + perfect, prefer, put (on), raise, recover, restore, (make to) rise (up), scale, set (up), shoot forth (up), (begin to) spring (up), stir up, take away (up), work.]

c. [Strong: 853 'eth ayth apparent contracted from 226 in the demonstrative sense of entity; properly, self (but generally used to point out more definitely the object of a verb or preposition, even or namely):--(as such unrepresented in English).]

d. [out of your] graves [Strong: 6913 qeber, keh'-ber or (feminine) qibrah {kib-raw'}; from 6912; a sepulchre:--burying place, grave, sepulchre.]

1). I believe this verse is metaphorical and literal at the same time. Metaphorical in the sense it is referring to Israel becoming a nation again and put in their own land and literal in the sense that there will be a resurrection of every Jew who has ever lived and every other man and woman.

a). John 5:26-29 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

2). Literally all righteous Jews who died in faith will be resurrected and placed back in Israel. Metaphorically this is referring to Israel getting back their land of becoming a nation again. Notice in Ezekiel 37:11 what the valley of dried bones is compared to, “Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.” If he was speaking literally it was a minor secondary meaning. The response of God was as a nation I will raise you from the dead and place you back in your land.

No comments: