Monday, June 09, 2014

Psalm 17:5

Psalm 17:5

Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.

a. NLT: My steps have stayed on your path; I have not wavered from following you.

b. NIV: My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not stumbled.

c. Amplified Bible: My steps have held closely to Your paths [to the tracks of the One Who has gone on before]; my feet have not slipped.

d. Septuagint: Direct my steps in thy paths, that my steps slip not.

e. Stone Edition Torah/Writings/Prophets: supporting my strides in Your pathways, my footsteps did not falter.

f. Young’s Literal Translation: To uphold my goings in Thy paths, My steps have not slidden.

1. Hold up my goings in thy paths

a. hold [8551 * tamak][Strong: a primitive root; to sustain; by implication, to obtain, keep fast; figuratively, to help, follow close:--(take, up-)hold (up), maintain, retain, stay (up).]

b. goings [838 * ‘ashuwr][Strong: from 833 in the sense of going; a step:--going, step.]

c. paths [4570 * ma’gal][Strong: from the same as 5696; a track (literally or figuratively); also a rampart (as circular):--going, path, trench, way((-side)).]

2. “…that my footsteps slip not.”

a. footsteps [6471 * pa’am][Strong: from 6470; a stroke, literally or figuratively (in various applications, as follow):--anvil, corner, foot(-step), going, (hundred-)fold, X now, (this) + once, order, rank, step, + thrice, ((often-)), second, this, two) time(-s), twice, wheel.]


b. slip [4131 * mowt][Strong: a primitive root; to waver; by implication , to slip, shake, fall:--be carried, cast, be out of course, be fallen in decay, X exceedingly, fall(-ing down), be (re-)moved, be ready, shake, slide, slip.

No comments: