Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Romans 3:15



Romans 3:15

Their feet are swift to shed blood:

1. “Their feet are swift to shed blood:”

a. Their [Strong: 846 autos ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of 109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, -of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which.]

b. feet [Strong: 4228 pous pooce a primary word; a "foot" (figuratively or literally):--foot(-stool).]

c. [are] swift [Strong: 3691 oxus oz-oos' probably akin to the base of 188 ("acid"); keen; by analogy, rapid:--sharp, swift.]

d. [to] shed [Strong: 1632 ekcheo ek-kheh'-o, or (by variation) ekchuno ek-khoo'-no from 1537 and cheo (to pour); to pour forth; figuratively, to bestow:--gush (pour) out, run greedily (out), shed (abroad, forth), spill.]

e. blood [Strong: 129 haima hah'-ee-mah of uncertain derivation; blood, literally (of men or animals), figuratively (the juice of grapes) or specially (the atoning blood of Christ); by implication, bloodshed, also kindred:--blood.]

1). Applicable quote from Proverbs 1.

a). Proverbs 1:10-16  My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
1:11 If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause:
1:12 Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:
1:13 We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:
1:14 Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:
1:15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:
1:16 For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.

2). Applicable quote from a secular music song:

a). Hells Bells [AC/DC] I'm rolling thunder, pouring rain. I'm coming on like a hurricane. My lightning's flashing across the sky. You're only young but you're gonna die. I won't take no prisoners won't spare no lives. Nobody's putting up a fight
I got my bell I'm gonna take you to hell. I'm gonna get ya, satan get ya. Hells bells
Hells bells, you got me ringing Hells bells, my temperature's high. Hells bells
I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine. If you're into evil, you're a friend of mine. See the white light flashing as I split the night. Cos if good's on the left then I'm sticking to the right. I won't take no prisoners won't spare no lives
Nobody's puttin' up a fight. I got my bell I'm gonna take you to hell. I'm gonna get ya, satan get ya. Songwriters: Brian Johnson / Angus Mckinnon Young / Malcolm Mitchell Young; Hells Bells lyrics © BMG Rights Management US, LLC

b). Good reason not to listen to that music.


No comments: