Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Hebrews 6:14

Hebrews 6:14

Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.

a. NLT: “I will certainly bless you, and I will multiply your descendants beyond number.”

b. NIV: saying, “I will surely bless you and give you many descendants.

c. YLT: saying, 'Blessing indeed I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee;'

d. Amplified Bible:  Saying, Blessing I certainly will bless you and multiplying I will multiply you.

e. Worrell Translation: saying, “Surely, blessing. I will bless you; and multiplying, I will multiply you.”

1. “Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee…”

a. saying [3004 * lego] [Strong: a primary verb; properly, to "lay" forth, i.e. (figuratively) relate (in words (usually of systematic or set discourse; whereas 2036 and 5346 generally refer to an individual expression or speech respectively; while 4483 is properly to break silence merely, and 2980 means an extended or random harangue)); by implication, to mean:--ask, bid, boast, call, describe, give out, name, put forth, say(-ing, on), shew, speak, tell, utter.]

b. surely [2229 * e] [Strong: an adverb of confirmation; perhaps intensive of 2228; used only (in the New Testament) before 3303; assuredly:--surely.]

c. surely [3375 * men] [Strong:  a stronger form of 3303; a particle of affirmation (only with 2229); assuredly:--+ surely.

d. blessing [2127 * eulogeo] [Strong: from a compound of 2095 and 3056; to speak well of, i.e. (religiously) to bless (thank or invoke a benediction upon, prosper):--bless, praise.]

e. I will bless [2127 * eulogeo] See “blessing”.

f. thee [4571 * se] [Strong: accusative case singular of 4771; thee:--thee, thou, X thy house.]

2.  “…and multiplying I will multiply thee.”

a. and [2532 * kai] [Strong: apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.]

b. multiplying [4129 * plethuno] [Strong: from another form of 4128; to increase (transitively or intransitively):--abound, multiply.]

c. I will multiply [4129 * plethuno] See “multiplying” above.

d. thee [4571 * se] [Strong: accusative case singular of 4771; thee:--thee, thou, X thy house.]

1). Arthur Pink: “The phrase is a Hebrew mode of expression, denoting emphasis and certainty. Such reduplication is a vehement affirmation, partaking of the nature of an oath: where such is used, it was that men might know God is in earnest in that which He expressed.”

2). This is a quote from Genesis 22 after the obedience of Abraham in offering Isaac.

a). Genesis 22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;



No comments: