Saturday, April 22, 2017

Romans 11:27



Romans 11:27

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

a. NLT: And this is my covenant with them, that I will take away their sins.”

b. NIV: And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.”

c. YLT: And this to them is the covenant from Me, when I may take away their sins.'

d. Amplified Bible Classic: And this will be My covenant (My agreement) with them when I shall take away their sins.

e. Worrell Translation: And this is the covenant from Me to them, when I shall take away their sins.

f. Wuest Translation: And this to them is the covenant from me when I shall take away their sins.

1. “For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.”

a. For [Strong: 2532 kai kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.]

b. this [Strong: 3778 houtos hoo'-tos, including nominative masculine plural houtoi hoo'-toy, nominative feminine singular haute how'-tay, and nominative feminine plural hautai how'-tahee from the article 3588 and 846; the he (she or it), i.e. this or that (often with article repeated):--he (it was that), hereof, it, she, such as, the same, these, they, this (man, same, woman), which, who.]

c. is my [Strong: 3844 para par-ah' a primary preposition; properly, near; i.e. (with genitive case) from beside (literally or figuratively), (with dative case) at (or in) the vicinity of (objectively or subjectively), (with accusative case) to the proximity with (local (especially beyond or opposed to) or causal (on account of):--above, against, among, at, before, by, contrary to, X friend, from, + give (such things as they), + that (she) had, X his, in, more than, nigh unto, (out) of, past, save, side...by, in the sight of, than, (there-)fore, with. In compounds it retains the same variety of application.]

d. covenant [Strong: 1242 diatheke dee-ath-ay'-kay from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):--covenant, testament.]

e. unto them [Strong: 846 autos ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of 109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, -of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which.]

f. when [Strong: 3752  hotan hot'-an from 3753 and 302; whenever (implying hypothesis or more or less uncertainty); also causatively (conjunctionally) inasmuch as:--as long (soon) as, that, + till, when(-soever), while.]

g. [I shall] take away [Strong: 851 aphaireo af-ahee-reh'-o from 575 and 138; to remove (literally or figuratively):--cut (smite) off, take away.]

h. their [Strong: 846 autos ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of 109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, -of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which.]

i. sins [Strong: 266 hamartia ham-ar-tee'-ah from 264; a sin (properly abstract):--offence, sin(-ful).]

1). Many scholars teach that this is a summary quote from Jeremiah 31:31-34.

a). Jeremiah 31:31-34 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

2). In light of the previous verses, in particular Romans 11:27 and the notes, that foretells of the nation of Israel’s redemption; adding Jeremiah 31:31-34 shows that Israel after the return of Christ will accept Him and the Covenant.


No comments: