Monday, September 11, 2017

Genesis 3:10

Genesis 3:10

And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

a. NLT: He replied, “I heard you walking in the garden, so I hid. I was afraid because I was naked.”

b. NIV: He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

c. YLT: And he saith, 'Thy sound I have heard in the garden, and I am afraid, for I am naked, and I hide myself.'

d. Amplified Bible Classic:  He said, I heard the sound of You [walking] in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.

e. Septuagint: And he said to him, I heard thy voice as thou walkedst in the garden, and I feared because I was naked and I hid myself.

f. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings: He said, “I heard the sound of Yoyu in the garden, and I was afraid because I am naked, so I hid.”

1. “And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked…”

a. And he said [unto him] [Strong: 559 'amar aw-mar' a primitive root; to say (used with great latitude):--answer, appoint, avouch, bid, boast self, call, certify, challenge, charge, + (at the, give) command(-ment), commune, consider, declare, demand, X desire, determine, X expressly, X indeed, X intend, name, X plainly, promise, publish, report, require, say, speak (against, of), X still, X suppose, talk, tell, term, X that is, X think, use (speech), utter, X verily, X yet.]

b. I heard [Strong: 8085 shama` shaw-mah' a primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively, to tell, etc.):--X attentively, call (gather) together, X carefully, X certainly, consent, consider, be content, declare, X diligently, discern, give ear, (cause to, let, make to) hear(-ken, tell), X indeed, listen, make (a) noise, (be) obedient, obey, perceive, (make a) proclaim(-ation), publish, regard, report, shew (forth), (make a) sound, X surely, tell, understand, whosoever (heareth), witness.]

c. thy voice [Strong: 6963 qowl kole or qol {kole}; from an unused root meaning to call aloud; a voice or sound:--+ aloud, bleating, crackling, cry (+ out), fame, lightness, lowing, noise, + hold peace, (pro-)claim, proclamation, + sing, sound, + spark, thunder(-ing), voice, + yell.]
d. in the garden [Strong: 1588 gan gan from 1598; a garden (as fenced):--garden.]

e. and I was afraid [Strong: 3372 yare' yaw-ray' a primitive root; to fear; morally, to revere; caus. to frighten:--affright, be (make) afraid, dread(-ful), (put in) fear(-ful, -fully, -ing), (be had in) reverence(-end), X see, terrible (act, -ness, thing).]

f. because [Strong: 3588 kiy kee a primitive particle (the full form of the prepositional prefix) indicating causal relations of all kinds, antecedent or consequent; (by implication) very widely used as a relative conjunction or adverb (as below); often largely modified by other particles annexed:--and, + (forasmuch, inasmuch, where-)as, assured(-ly), + but, certainly, doubtless, + else, even, + except, for, how, (because, in, so, than) that, + nevertheless, now, rightly, seeing, since, surely, then, therefore, + (al- )though, + till, truly, + until, when, whether, while, whom, yea, yet.]

g. I [Strong: 595 ‘anokiy aw-no-kee' sometimes {aw-no'-kee}; a primitive pro.; I:--I, me, X which.]

h. was naked [Strong: 5903 `eyrom ay-rome' or merom {ay-rome'}; from 6191; nudity:--naked(- ness).]

1). Immediately Adam and Eve begin to experience the law of sin and death. Adam and Eve feel the emotion of fear for the first time, they begin to experience bondage and torment also for the first time. They begin walking according to the will of their new master who begins working disobedience in and through them. The following Scriptures look at what Christ has redeemed us from when we got born again, but it also reveals what Adam and Eve first began to experience immediately after their disobedience.

a). Ephesians 2:1-3 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
2:3 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

b). 1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

2. “…and I hid myself.”

a. and I hid myself [Strong: 2244 chaba' khaw-baw' a primitive root (Compare 2245); to secrete:--X held, hide (self), do secretly.]

No comments: