Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Romans 9:2



Romans 9:2

That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

1. “That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.”

a. That [Strong: 3754 hoti hot'-ee neuter of 3748 as conjunction; demonstrative, that (sometimes redundant); causative, because:--as concerning that, as though, because (that), for (that), how (that), (in) that, though, why.]

b. I [Strong: 3427 moi moy the simpler form of 1698; to me:--I, me, mine, my.]

c. have [Strong: 2076 esti es-tee' third person singular present indicative of 1510; he (she or it) is; also (with neuter plural) they are:--are, be(-long), call, X can(-not), come, consisteth, X dure for a while, + follow, X have, (that) is (to say), make, meaneth, X must needs, + profit, + remaineth, + wrestle.]

d. great [Strong: 3173 megas meg'-as (including the prolonged forms, feminine megale, plural megaloi, etc.; compare also 3176, 3187); big (literally or figuratively, in a very wide application):--(+ fear) exceedingly, great(-est), high, large, loud, mighty, + (be) sore (afraid), strong, X to years.]

e. heaviness [Strong: 3077  lupe loo'-pay apparently a primary word; sadness:--grief, grievous, + grudgingly, heaviness, sorrow.]
     
f. and [Strong: 2532 kai kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.]

g. continual [Strong: 88 adialeiptos ad-ee-al'-ipe-tos from 1 (as a negative particle) and a derivative of a compound of 1223 and 3007; unintermitted, i.e. permanent:--without ceasing, continual.]

h. sorrow [Strong: 3601 odune od-oo'-nay from 1416; grief (as dejecting):--sorrow.]

i. [in] my [Strong: 3450 mou moo the simpler form of 1700; of me:--I, me, mine (own), my.]
     
j. heart [Strong: 2588 kardia kar-dee'-ah prolonged from a primary kar (Latin cor, "heart"); the heart, i.e. (figuratively) the thoughts or feelings (mind); also (by analogy) the middle:--(+ broken-)heart(-ed).]

No comments: