Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Ezekiel 34:24

Ezekiel 34:24

And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.

a. NLT: And I, the LORD, will be their God, and my servant David will be a prince among my people. I, the LORD, have spoken!

b. NIV: I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David will be prince among them. I the LORD have spoken.

c. YLT: And I, Jehovah, I am their God, And My servant David prince in their midst, I, Jehovah, have spoken.

d. Amplified Bible Classic:  And I the Lord will be their God and My Servant David a Prince among them; I the Lord have spoken it.

e. Septuagint: and I the Lord will be to them a Go, and David a prince in the midst of them; I the Lord have spoken it.

f. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings: And I, HASHEM, I will be a God to them. And my servant David a prince among them. I, HASHEM, have spoken.

1. “And I the LORD will be their God…”

a. I the LORD [3068 * Yhovah] [Strong: from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord.]

b. will be their God [430 * 'elohiym] [Strong: plural of 433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:--angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.]

2. “…and my servant David a prince among them…”

a. and my servant [5650 * `ebed] [Strong: from 5647; a servant:--X bondage, bondman, (bond-)servant, (man-)servant.]

b. David [1732 * David rarely (fully); Daviyd] [Strong: from the same as 1730; loving; David, the youngest son of Jesse:--David.]

c. a prince [5387 * nasiy', or nasi8,] [Strong: from 5375; properly, an exalted one, i.e. a king or sheik; also a rising mist:--captain, chief, cloud, governor, prince, ruler, vapour.]

d. among them [8432 *  tavek] [Strong: from an unused root meaning to sever; a bisection, i.e. (by implication) the centre:--among(-st), X between, half, X (there- ,where-), in(-to), middle, mid(-night), midst (among), X out (of), X through, X with(-in).]

3. “…I the LORD have spoken it.”

a. I the LORD [3068 * Yhovah] [Strong: from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord.]

b. have spoken it [1696 * dabar] [Strong: a primitive root; perhaps properly, to arrange; but used figuratively (of words), to speak; rarely (in a destructive sense) to subdue:--answer, appoint, bid, command, commune, declare, destroy, give, name, promise, pronounce, rehearse, say, speak, be spokesman, subdue, talk, teach, tell, think, use (entreaties), utter, X well, X work.]

1). These verses were written approximately 378 years after David died. As such they clearly refer not only to a resurrection from the dead but also a restoration of the kingdom of Israel with David as their king; so also the following passages.

a). Ezekiel 37:21-25 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
37:23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
37:24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince forever.

b). Jeremiah 30:1-9 The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying,
30:2 Thus speaketh the Lord God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book.
30:3 For, lo, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the Lord: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.
30:4 And these are the words that the Lord spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah.
30:5 For thus saith the Lord; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace.
30:6 Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?
30:7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it.
30:8 For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him:
30:9 But they shall serve the Lord their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.

(1) The above passage shows that Israel will be brought back into their land before the great tribulation, Jeremiah 30:1-4. They will then experience the great tribulation, Jeremiah 30:5-7. Then is the second coming of Christ and the Millennial Kingdom with David their king, Jeremiah 30:8, 9.

2). Because we are in a death doomed body, an everlasting Covenant can only be fulfilled through a resurrection from the dead.

a). Isaiah 55:3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

b). Acts 13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.



No comments: