Thursday, June 30, 2016

Hosea 2:19



Hosea 2:19

And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.

a. NLT: I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion.

b. NIV: I will betroth you to me forever; I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion.

c. YLT: And I have betrothed thee to Me to the age, And betrothed thee to Me in righteousness, And in judgment, and kindness, and mercies,

d. Amplified Bible Classic: And I will betroth you to Me forever; yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and justice, in steadfast love, and in mercy.

e. Septuagint [Hosea 2:19 in our Bibles is Hosea 2:21 in the Septuagint]: And I will betroth thee to myself for ever; yea, I will betroth thee to myself in righteousness, and in judgment, and in mercy, and in tender compassions;

f. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings [Hosea 2:19 in our Bibles is Hosea 2:21 in Jewish Bibles]: I will betroth you to Me with righteousness, with justice, with kindness and with mercy;

1. “And I will betroth thee unto me for ever…”

a. And I will betroth you [Strong: 781 * 'aras aw-ras' a primitive root; to engage for matrimony:--betroth, espouse.]

b. unto me for ever [Strong: 5769 * `owlam o-lawm' or lolam {o-lawm'}; from 5956; properly, concealed, i.e. the vanishing point; generally, time out of mind (past or future), i.e. (practically) eternity; frequentatively, adverbial (especially with prepositional prefix) always:--alway(-s), ancient (time), any more, continuance, eternal, (for, (n-))ever(-lasting, -more, of old), lasting, long (time), (of) old (time), perpetual, at any time, (beginning of the) world (+ without end).]

1). As already established in the previous verses, the context is the Milennial reign of Christ.

a). Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.


b). Isaiah 62:1-5 For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.
62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.
62:3 Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.
62:4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
62:5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

2. “…I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.”

a. I will betroth you unto me [Strong: 781 * 'aras aw-ras' a primitive root; to engage for matrimony:--betroth, espouse.]

b. in righteousness [Strong: 6664 * tsedeq tseh'-dek from 6663; the right (natural, moral or legal); also (abstractly) equity or (figuratively) prosperity:--X even, (X that which is altogether) just(-ice), ((un-))right(-eous) (cause, -ly, - ness).]

1). See above Isaiah 62:1, 2

c. and in judgment [Strong: 4941 * mishpat mish-pawt' from 8199; properly, a verdict (favorable or unfavorable) pronounced judicially, especially a sentence or formal decree (human or (participant's) divine law, individual or collective), including the act, the place, the suit, the crime, and the penalty; abstractly, justice, including a participant's right or privilege (statutory or customary), or even a style:--+ adversary, ceremony, charge, X crime, custom, desert, determination, discretion, disposing, due, fashion, form, to be judged, judgment, just(-ice, -ly), (manner of) law(-ful), manner, measure, (due) order, ordinance, right, sentence, usest, X worthy, + wrong.

d. and in lovingkindness [Strong: 2617 * checed kheh'-sed from 2616; kindness; by implication (towards God) piety: rarely (by opposition) reproof, or (subject.) beauty:--favour, good deed(-liness, -ness), kindly, (loving-)kindness, merciful (kindness), mercy, pity, reproach, wicked thing.]

e. and in mercies [Strong: 7356 * racham rakh'-am from 7355; compassion (in the plural); by extension, the womb (as cherishing the fetus); by implication, a maiden:-- bowels, compassion, damsel, tender love, (great, tender) mercy, pity, womb.]


No comments: