Saturday, February 22, 2020

Jonah 2:9

Jonah 2:9

But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.

a. ASV: But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that which I have vowed. Salvation is of Jehovah.

b. YLT: And I — with a voice of thanksgiving — I sacrifice to Thee, That which I have vowed I complete, Salvation [is] of Jehovah.

c. Classic Amplified: But as for me, I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that which I have vowed. Salvation and deliverance belong to the Lord!

d. Septuagint [Jonah 2:9 in our Bible is Jonah 2:10 in the Septuagint]: But I will sacrifice to thee with the voice of praise and thanksgiving: all that I have vowed I will pay to thee, the Lord of [my] salvation. 

e. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/ Writings [Jonah 2:9 in our Bible is Jonah 2:10 in the Jewish Bible]: 

1. “But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving…”

a. [But] i [Strong: 589 'aniy an-ee' contracted from 595; I:--I, (as for) me, mine, myself, we, X which, X who.]

b. [will] sacrifice [Strong: 2076 zabach zaw-bakh' a primitive root; to slaughter an animal (usually in sacrifice):--kill, offer, (do) sacrifice, slay.]

c. [unto thee with the] voice [Strong: 6963 qowl kole or qol {kole}; from an unused root meaning to call aloud; a voice or sound:--+ aloud, bleating, crackling, cry (+ out), fame, lightness, lowing, noise, + hold peace, (pro-)claim, proclamation, + sing, sound, + spark, thunder(-ing), voice, + yell.]

d. [of] thanksgiving [Strong: 8426 towdah to-daw' from 3034; properly, an extension of the hand, i.e. (by implication) avowal, or (usually) adoration; specifically, a choir of worshippers:--confession, (sacrifice of) praise, thanks(-giving, offering).]

2. “...I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.”

a. [I will] pay [Strong: 7999 shalam shaw-lam' a primitive root; to be safe (in mind, body or estate); figuratively, to be (causatively, make) completed; by implication, to be friendly; by extension, to reciprocate (in various applications):--make amends, (make an) end, finish, full, give again, make good, (re-)pay (again), (make) (to) (be at) peace(-able), that is perfect, perform, (make) prosper(-ous), recompense, render, requite, make restitution, restore, reward, X surely.]

b. that [Strong: 834 'aher ash-er' a primitive relative pronoun (of every gender and number); who, which, what, that; also (as an adverb and a conjunction) when, where, how, because, in order that, etc.:--X after, X alike, as (soon as), because, X every, for, + forasmuch, + from whence, + how(-soever), X if, (so) that ((thing) which, wherein), X though, + until, + whatsoever, when, where (+ -as, -in, -of, -on, -soever, -with), which, whilst, + whither(- soever), who(-m, -soever, -se). As it is indeclinable, it is often accompanied by the personal pronoun expletively, used to show the connection.]

c. [I have] vowed [Strong: 5087 nadar naw-dar' a primitive root; to promise (pos., to do or give something to God):--(make a) vow.]

d. Salvation [is] [Strong: 3444 yshuw`ah yesh-oo'-aw feminine passive participle of 3467; something saved, i.e. (abstractly) deliverance; hence, aid, victory, prosperity:--deliverance, health, help(-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

e. [of the] LORD [Strong: 3068 Yhovah yeh-ho-vaw' from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord.

No comments: