Thursday, February 27, 2020

Micah 1:6

Micah 1:6

Therefore I will make Samaria as an heap of the field, and as plantings of a vineyard: and I will pour down the stones thereof into the valley, and I will discover the foundations thereof.

a. ASV: Therefore I will make Samaria as a heap of the field, and as places for planting vineyards; and I will pour down the stones thereof into the valley, and I will uncover the foundations thereof.

b. YLT: And I have set Samaria for a heap of the field, For plantations of a vineyard, And poured out into a valley her stones, And her foundations I uncover.

c. Classic Amplified:  Therefore I [the Lord] will make Samaria a [a]heap in the open country, a place for planting vineyards; and I will pour down into the ravine her stones and lay bare her foundations.

d. Septuagint: Therefore I will make Samaria [as] a store-house of the fruits of the field, and [as] a planting of a vineyard: and I will utterly demolish her stones, and I will expose her foundations.

e. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/ Writings: I will make Samaria into a mound in the field, a place to plant vinyards. I will roll away its stones to the valley and lay bare its foundations.

1. “Therefore I will make Samaria as an heap of the field, and as plantings of a vineyard…”

a.  [Therefore I will] make [Strong: 7760 suwm soom or siym {seem}; a primitive root; to put (used in a great variety of applications, literal, figurative, inferentially, and elliptically):--X any wise, appoint, bring, call (a name), care, cast in, change, charge, commit, consider, convey, determine, + disguise, dispose, do, get, give, heap up, hold, impute, lay (down, up), leave, look, make (out), mark, + name, X on, ordain, order, + paint, place, preserve, purpose, put (on), + regard, rehearse, reward, (cause to) set (on, up), shew, + stedfastly, take, X tell, + tread down, ((over-))turn, X wholly, work.]

b. Samaria [Strong: 8111 Shomrown sho-mer-one' from the active participle of 8104; watch-station; Shomeron, a place in Palestine:--Samaria.]

c. [as an] heap [Strong: 5856 `iy ee from 5753; a ruin (as if overturned):--heap.]

d. [of the] field [Strong: 7704 sadeh saw-deh' or saday {saw-dah'-ee}; from an unused root meaning to spread out; a field (as flat):--country, field, ground, land, soil, X wild.]

e. [and as] plantings [Strong: 4302 matta` mat-taw' from 5193; something planted, i.e. the place (a garden or vineyard), or the thing (a plant, figuratively or men); by implication, the act, planting:--plant(-ation, -ing).]

f. [of a] vinyard [Strong: 3754 kerem keh'-rem from an unused root of uncertain meaning; a garden or vineyard:--vines, (increase of the) vineyard(-s), vintage.]

2. “...and I will pour down the stones thereof into the valley, and I will discover the foundations thereof.”

a. [and I will] pour down [Strong: 5064 nagar naw-gar' a primitive root; to flow; figuratively, to stretch out; causatively, to pour out or down; figuratively, to deliver over:--fall, flow away, pour down (out), run, shed, spilt, trickle down.]

b. [the] stones [thereof] [Strong: 68 'eben eh'-ben from the root of 1129 through the meaning to build; a stone:--+ carbuncle, + mason, + plummet, (chalk-, hail-, head-, sling-)stone(-ny), (divers) weight(-s).]

c. [into the] valley [Strong: 1516 gay' gah'-ee or (shortened) gay {gah'-ee}; probably (by transmutation) from the same root as 1466 (abbreviated); a gorge (from its lofty sides; hence, narrow, but not a gully or winter-torrent):--valley.]

d. [and I will] discover [Strong: 1540 galah gaw-law' a primitive root; to denude (especially in a disgraceful sense); by implication, to exile (captives being usually stripped); figuratively, to reveal:--+ advertise, appear, bewray, bring, (carry, lead, go) captive (into captivity), depart, disclose, discover, exile, be gone, open, X plainly, publish, remove, reveal, X shamelessly, shew, X surely, tell, uncover.]

e. [the] foundations [thereof] [Strong: 3247 ycowd yes-ode' from 3245; a foundation (literally or figuratively):--bottom, foundation, repairing]

No comments: