Wednesday, September 09, 2020

Psalm 139:13-18

Psalms 139:13

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.

a. NLT: You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.

b. NIV: For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

c. YLT: For Thou --Thou hast possessed my reins, Thou dost cover me in my mother's belly.

d. Amplified Bible:  For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother’s womb.

e. Septuagint: For thou, O Lord, hast possessed my reins; thou hast helped me from my mother’s womb.

f. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings: For You have created my mnd; You have covered me in my mother’s womb.

1. “For thou hast possessed my reins…”

a. For thou hast possessed [7069 * qanah] [Strongs: To erect i.e., to create, to procure…by implication, to own.]

b. my reins [3629 * kilyah] [Strong’s: kidneys (as the essential organ); fig. the mind (as the interior self: kidneys.)]

1). This Hebrew word is also used for the inward organs of sacrificial animals, so in keeping with the context of the baby being formed in the womb I have to go with the NLT “inner parts of my body” and the Amplified  “my inward parts”.

a). Exodus 29:13  And thou shalt take all the fat that covereth the inwards, and the caul that is above the liver, and the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, and burn them upon the altar.

b). Leviticus 8:16 And he took all the fat that was upon the inwards, and the caul above the liver, and the two kidneys, and their fat, and Moses burned it upon the altar.

2. “…thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.”

a. thou hast covered [5526 * cakak] [Strong’s: To entwine as a screen; by implication, to fence in, cover,(fig.) protect: defense, hedge in.]

1). Other ways this Hebrew word is translated. The English word is in italics.

a). Nahum 2:5   He shall recount his worthies: they shall stumble in their walk; they shall make haste to the wall thereof, and the defence shall be prepared.

b). Isaiah 9:11 Therefore the LORD shall set up the adversaries of Rezin against him, and join his enemies together;

2). Some Jewish translations have “you have fashioned me in my mother’s womb.” –Tehillim.

b. in my mother’s [517 * ‘em] [Strong: a primitive word; a mother (as the bond of the family); in a wide sense (both literally and figuratively (like 1):--dam, mother, X parting.]

c. womb [990 * beten] [Strong: from an unused root probably meaning to be hollow; the belly, especially the womb; also the bosom or body of anything:-- belly, body, + as they be born, + within, womb.]

Psalm 139:14

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

a. NLT: Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.

b. NIV: I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

c. YLT: I confess Thee, because that with wonders I have been distinguished. Wonderful are Thy works, And my soul is knowing it well.

d. Amplified Bible: I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.

e. Septuagint Psalm 139:14 is listed under Psalm 138:14: I will give thee thanks; for thou art fearfully wondrous; wondrous are thy works; and my soul knows [it] well. 

f. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings: I acknowledge Yoy, for I am awesomely, wondrously fashioned; wondrous are Your works, and my soul knows it well.

1. “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made…”

a. [I will] praise [3034 * yadah] [Strong’s: to use(i.e., to hold out) the hand especially to revere or worship with extended hands.

b. [I am] fearfully [3372 * yare] [Strong’s: to fear; to revere; causative: to frighten.]

c. and wonderfully made [6395 * palah] [Strong’s: to distinguish, (lit. or fig.) put a difference, show marvelous, separate, set apart, make wonderfully, that causes wonder.]

2. “…marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”

a. marvellous [6381 * pala’] [Strong’s: To separate, i.e., to distinguish, (lit. or fig.); by implication to be causative – make) great.]

b. are thy works [4639 * ma’aseh] [Strong: from 6213; an action (good or bad); generally, a transaction; abstractly, activity; by implication, a product (specifically, a poem) or (generally) property:--act, art, + bakemeat, business, deed, do(-ing), labor, thing made, ware of making, occupation, thing offered, operation, possession, X well, ((handy-, needle-, net-))work(ing, - manship), wrought.]

c. my soul [5315 * nephesh] [Strong: from 5314; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):--any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead(-ly), desire, X (dis-)contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart(-y), (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-)self, them (your)-selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they, thing, (X she) will, X would have it.]

d. knoweth [3045 * yada’] [Strong’s: to know, to ascertain by seeing; used in a great variety of senses.]

1). I personally believe that David knew because he was shown by God, and when David was shown how the baby and quite possibly himself was formed in the womb, it instilled in him a reverential fear of the LORD and also marvelous wonder.

e. well [3966 * m’od] [Strong: from the same as 181; properly, vehemence, i.e. (with or without preposition) vehemently; by implication, wholly, speedily, etc. (often with other words as an intensive or superlative; especially when repeated):--diligently, especially, exceeding(-ly), far, fast, good, great(-ly), X louder and louder, might(-ily, -y), (so) much, quickly, (so) sore, utterly, very (+ much, sore), well.]

1). Because of the advances of medical science, we as well as David know we are wondrously made and a marvelous work.

Psalm 139:15

My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

a. NLT: You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.

b. NIV: My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

c. YLT: My substance was not hid from Thee, When I was made in secret, Curiously wrought in the lower part of earth.

d. Amplified Bible: My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].

e. Septuagint: My bones, which thou madest in secret were not hidden from thee, nor my substance, in the lowest parts of the earth.  

f. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings: My frame was not hidden from You; that which I was made in concealment, which I was knit together in the lowest parts of the earth.

1.”My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret…”

a. My substance [6108 * otsem] [Strong’s: power, hence body.] [NASV: Margin-bones.]

b. was not hid [3582 * kachad] [Strong: a primitive root; to secrete, by act or word; hence (intensively) to destroy:--conceal, cut down (off), desolate, hide.]

c. when I was made [6213 * ‘asah] [Strong: a primitive root; to do or make, in the broadest sense and widest application (as follows):--accomplish, advance, appoint, apt, be at, become, bear, bestow, bring forth, bruise, be busy, X certainly, have the charge of, commit, deal (with), deck, + displease, do, (ready) dress(-ed), (put in) execute(-ion), exercise, fashion, + feast, (fight-)ing man, + finish, fit, fly, follow, fulfill, furnish, gather, get, go about, govern, grant, great, + hinder, hold ((a feast)), X indeed, + be industrious, + journey, keep, labour, maintain, make, be meet, observe, be occupied, offer, + officer, pare, bring (come) to pass, perform, pracise, prepare, procure, provide, put, requite, X sacrifice, serve, set, shew, X sin, spend, X surely, take, X thoroughly, trim, X very, + vex, be (warr-)ior, work(-man), yield, use.]

d. in secret [5643 * cether] [Strong: from 5641; a cover (in a good or a bad, a literal or a figurative sense):--backbiting, covering, covert, X disguise(-th), hiding place, privily, protection, secret(-ly, place).]

1). The context without question is the formation of the baby in the womb.

a). The Incredible Machine, pp.36, 39 “…Nerves appear just three weeks after the egg is fertilized. By the eighth week, the brain has taken shape, and brain waves register on an electroencephalograph. Nerve fibers have penetrated limbs, ears, eyes, and trunk. By the twelfth week, the fetus moves spontaneously, and may even be turning somersaults. About this time, nerves, lungs, and diaphragm begin to synchronize. The fetus, a tiny, floating form, breathes in and out, moving tracheal fluid instead of air, exercising its lungs for the first breath after birth. This intermittent mechanical action supplies no oxygen, but healthy lung growth depends on fetal breathing movements. And brain connections for post birth life and emergencies have already been established…By twenty four weeks the fetus demonstrates a most interesting neural development. During much of its sleeping time, it displays rapid eye movements, an indication of dreaming in children and adults. Just six months after a single cell cleaves in two, its offspring may be practicing to dream in a world where it has no companions, and has yet seen no visions. But they do hear sounds, transmitted through the mother’s abdominal wall. Fetuses of this age seem to respond to music—they blink their eyes and move, as though dancing to a beat.”

2). The following passage has supernatural all over it. Mary, after being told she will be the mother of the Messiah is also told by the angel that her elder cousin is 6 months pregnant. She immediately goes to visit her and when she calls out her name entering the house, the 24 week gestation infant John leaps for joy in the womb.

a). Luke 1:36-45 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with, her who was called barren.
1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
1:39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda; [This was anywhere from a 40 to 60 mile trip, from Nazareth to Juda.]
1:40 And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed be the fruit of thy womb.
1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
1:45 And blessed is he that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

(1) babe [1025 * brephos] [Zodhiates: Babe, an unborn child, a new born child or an older infant. Luke 1:41, 44; 2:12, 16; 18:15;] 

(2) Notice “the babe” in Elisabeth’s womb, 24 week gestation John, leaps for joy when he heard the voice of Mary.

3). Thirty years later when John’s disciples were concerned that all men were beginning to follow Jesus and John’s ministry was beginning to diminish, John replied to their concerns.

a). John 3:28, 29 Ye yourselves bear me witness,  that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.
3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice: this my joy is fulfilled.” 

4). In the passage from Luke 1, Elisabeth prophesies that not only is Mary carrying the Messiah, but also that the forerunner in her own womb, John rejoiced at the event. John was 24 weeks gestation, the same age that in 1993 Right to Life first revealed partial birth abortions were being done, until 2007 when the ban signed by President Bush was upheld by the Supreme Court; babies of that gestation were having their brains sucked out and murdered. It is during this time also that in 2015 Planned Parenthood is harvesting the body parts of infants. 

2. “…and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.”

a. and curiously wrought [7551 * raqam] [Strong: a primitive root; to variegate color, i.e. embroider; by implication, to fabricate:--embroiderer, needlework, curiously work.]

b. in the lowest parts [8482 * tachtiy] [Strong: from 8478; lowermost; as noun (feminine plural) the depths (figuratively, a pit, the womb):--low (parts, -er, -er parts, - est), nether (part).]

c. of the earth [776 * ‘erets] [Strong: from an unused root probably meaning to be firm; the earth (at large, or partitively a land):--X common, country, earth, field, ground, land, X natins, way, + wilderness, world.]

1). Henry Morris, The Biblical Basis For Modern Science, Baker Book House, 1984; pp. 238-239. “It may simply be, as most commentators interpret, that the untter darkness of the deep pit in the center of the earth is being compared figuratively to the darkness and security of the womb. There is another possibility, however, perhaps more in keeping with the actual wording of the declarative statement of the verse. That is, even though the living fetus is actually being “embroidered” in the womb, the elements which are being added one by one to it structure originally came from the depths of the earth. Also, the “information” stored in its DNA had been transmitted generation after generation through the ancestral family line from Noah and ultimately Adam and Eve. At the time of David’s writing, all of his own ancestors had already departed in spirit to these lowest parts of the earth, but their genetic inheritance (and perhaps even their spiritual intercessions) continued to influence the development of their yet unborn descendants on the earth.” 

Psalm 139:16

Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

a. NLT: You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

b. NIV: Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

c. YLT: Mine unformed substance Thine eyes saw, And on Thy book all of them are written, The days they were formed -- And not one among them.

d. Amplified Bible: “Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days of my life were written, before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

e. Septuagint: Psalm 139:16 is listed under Psalm 138:16: Thine eyes saw my unwrought [substance], and all [men] shall be written in thy book; they shall be formed by day, though [there should for a time] be no one among them. 

f. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings: Your eyes saw my unshaped form, and in Your book all were recorded; though they will be fashioned  through many days, to Him they are one.

1. “Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect…”

a. thine eyes [5869 * ‘ayin] [Strong: probably a primitive word; an eye (literally or figuratively); by analogy, a fountain (as the eye of the landscape):--affliction, outward appearance, + before, + think best, colour, conceit, + be content, countenance, + displease, eye((-brow), (-d), -sight), face, + favour, fountain, furrow (from the margin), X him, + humble, knowledge, look, (+ well), X me, open(-ly), + (not) please, presence, + regard, resemblance, sight, X thee, X them, + think, X us, well, X you(-rselves).]

b. did see [7200 * ra’ah] [Strong: a primitive root; to see, literally or figuratively (in numerous applications, direct and implied, transitive, intransitive and causative):--advise self, appear, approve, behold, X certainly, consider, discern, (make to) enjoy, have experience, gaze, take heed, X indeed, X joyfully, lo, look (on, one another, one on another, one upon another, out, up, upon), mark, meet, X be near, perceive, present, provide, regard, (have) respect, (fore-, cause to, let) see(-r, -m, one another), shew (self), X sight of others, (e-)spy, stare, X surely, X think, view, visions.]

c. my substance yet being unperfect [1564 * golem] [Strong’s: a wrapped (and unformed mass, i.e., as the embryo):- substance yet being unperfect.]

1). During the forming of our body in the womb God saw our substance. Not only that but He saw the finished product, including the plan for our lives.

a). Jeremiah 1:4, 5  Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

2. “…and in thy book all my members were written…”

a. and in thy book [5612 * ciphrah] [Strong’s: writing, by implication a book.]

b. all my members were written [3789 * katab] [Strong’s: by implication, to write describe, inscribe, prescribe, subscribe.]

1). All of the translations listed mention a book, “Thy Book”, or “your book”, that is, God’s book. I believe that in keeping with the context of the passage, and modern science, the book could be the human cell.

a). The Incredible Machine, Copyright 1986, National Geographic Society p.15. “Heredity is written on a chemical ribbon that twists like a spiral staircase, the steps built of 4 chemical bases attached to chains of sugars and phosphates—DNA…thousands of these steps make up a single gene. Tens of thousands of genes, arranged along structures called chromosomes, transmit the instruction for existence, dictating eye color, hair texture…[Some 6 billion steps of DNA in a single cell record one’s life blueprint. This DNA plan for a single human life can be stretched six feet, yet coiled in a repository just 1/2500 of an inch in diameter—the cells nucleus.”]

b). The Incredible Machine, “Before long, the groups of cells are gathering into layers, then into sheets and tubes, sliding into proper places at the proper times, forming an eye exactly where an eye should be, the pancreas where the pancreas should belongs. The order of appearance is precise, with structures like veins and nerves appearing just in time to support the organs that will soon require them.”

c). All this is dictated by what is written on that chemical ribbon, “God’s book”, within the nucleus of the cell.

(1) Job writes in 38:36 Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? The inward parts being the chemical ribbon within the cell, the inward parts.

3. “…which in continuance were fashioned…”

a. which in continuance [3117 * yowm] to be hot; a day as the warm hours) (from sunrise to sunset).  A space of time defined by an associated term, age, day, daily, always, continuance.]

b. were fashioned [3335 * yatsar] [Strong’s: through squeezing into shape; to mould into a from.]

4. “…when as yet their was none of them.”

a. when as yet there was none of them [259 * echad] [Strong: a numeral from 258; properly, united, i.e. one; or (as an ordinal) first:--a, alike, alone, altogether, and, any(-thing), apiece, a certain, (dai-)ly, each (one), + eleven, every, few, first, + highway, a man, once, one, only, other, some, together,]

1). There are two schools of thought in the study of this verse. One school of thought focuses on the days of a person's life, while the other focuses on the days there bodily members were fashioned in the womb. I list the former first.

a). NLT: You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

b). NIV: Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

c).  Amplified Bible: Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days of my life were written, before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

d). NASV Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in thy book they were all written, The days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them.

e). NRSV: Your eyes beheld my unformed substance. In your book were written all the days that were formed for me, when none of them as yet existed.

2). The following translations are in agreement with the KJV, i.e., all stay with the same context, the days the baby was forming in the womb.

a). Young’s Literal Translation: Mine unformed substance, thine eyes saw, and on thy book all of them were written, the days they were formed and not one of them.

b). Darby Translation: Thine eyes did see my unformed substance, and in thy book all my members were written, during many days were they fashioned when as yet there was none of them.

c). Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings: Your eyes saw my unshaped form, and in Your book all were recorded; though they will be fashioned  through many days, to Him they are one.

3). My personal belief is the translations that point to the days the baby was formed in the womb are more accurate. I believe they stay within the context of the forming of the infant.

a). DC: Your eyes saw my embryo. Before my bodily members were fashioned, they were written in your book (writing). Then they were fashioned day by day according to what was written in your book.

4). Let me say that it is possible that we have a set number of days on this earth in conjunction with the plan that God has for our life, and when that plan is fulfilled we go on to be with the Lord.  It is also clear from Scripture that we can lengthen or shorten our days on this earth by our obedience or disobedience to the word of God, and I believe that most of us probably shorten our lives.  Here are a few examples of how we can lengthen or conversely shorten our lives by obedience or disobedience.

a). Exodus 19:12 Honour thy father and mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

b). Proverbs 9:10, 11 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
9:11 For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.

c). Proverbs 10:27 “The fear of the LORD prolongeth days:…” 

Psalm 139:17

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them!

a. NLT: How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!

b. NIV: How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!

c. YLT: And to me how precious have been Thy thoughts, O God, how great hath been their sum! 

d. Amplified Bible:  How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

e. Septuagint: But thy friends, O God, have been greatly honoured by me; their rule has been greatly strengthened.

1). I have no clue about the wording of the Septuagint.

f. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings: To me—how glorious are Your thoughts, O God! How very great are their headings!

1.”How precious also are thy thoughts unto me…”

a. How precious [3365 * yaqar] [Strong’s:To be heavy, valuble, be (make) precious.][Gesenius: to esteem, be prized, be valuable, be precious, be costly, be appraised, to be precious, be highly valued, be esteemed, be costly, to be appraised, to make something precious.]

b. are thy thoughts [ 7454 * rea’] [Strong’s: A thought, association of ideas.]

c. God [410 * ‘El] [Strong: shortened from 352; strength; as adjective, mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity):--God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might(-y one), power, strong. Compare names in "-el."]

1). The English words “unto me” were added by the translators, considering the context I believe it is needed. These are God’s thoughts about the infant He is forming in the womb. God’s thoughts toward us are precious. We are in his eyes, prized, we are highly valued, highly thought of and greatly loved. 

a). John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

(1) His love was there since before the creation of the earth (1 Peter 1:18-20). 

b). Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

(1) Most people do not realize the context this verse was spoken. It was immediately after they were taken captive to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzer. In order to see this one must read the whole of Jeremiah 29.

2. “…how great is the sum of them.”

a. how great [6105 * atsam] [Strong’s: to bind fast, i.e., close (the eyes), to be make powerful or numerous, be great, be increased…][Gesenius:  to be vast, be numerous, be mighty, to be mighty, to be numerous,  to make strong, make mighty…]

b. is the sum [7218 * ro’sh] Gesenius: head, top, summit, upper part, chief, total, sum, height, front, beginning,  head (of man, animals), top, tip (of mountain),  height (of stars), chief, head (of man, city, nation, place, family, head, front, beginning, chief, choicest, best, head, division, company, band, sum.]

1). Imagine if you will the amount of thought it would take to design and fashion a human body, the intricacies and processes of all the organs.

Psalm 139:18

If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

a. NLT: I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up,
you are still with me!

b. NIV: Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you.

c. YLT: I recount them! than the sand they are more, I have waked, and I am still with Thee.

d. Amplified Bible:  If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, [could I count to the end] I would still be with You.

e. Septuagint: I will number them, and they shall be multiplied beyond the sand; I awake, and am still with thee.

f. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings: Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand, even if I were to be constantly awake, and always with You

1.”If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand…”

a. If I should count [5608 * caphar ] [Strong’s: to score with a mark as a tally or record, to count.]

b. they are more more in number [7235 * rabah] [Strong’s: to increase.] [Gesenius: be or become great, be or become many, be or become much, be or become numerous, to become many, become numerous, multiply (of people, animals, things), to be or grow great, to make large, enlarge, increase, become many, to make much, make many, have many, to multiply, increase, to make much to do, do much in respect of, transgress greatly, to increase greatly or exceedingly, to make great, enlarge, do much, to shoot.]

c. than the sand [2344 * chowl] [Strong: from 2342; sand (as round or whirling particles):--sand.]

1). David wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost that the number of God’s thoughts can not be given.

a). Psalm 40:5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

b). Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

c). We must include in these thoughts that they are the plans for developing not only their body but the talents and abilities God infused into them to be used for His glory.

2). We must realize that God word says that His thoughts toward us are not only innumerable but also full of love and mercy. We are highly valued and highly prized to Him. How easy we can see this in the Divine fulfillment the promise in Philippians.

a). Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

2. “…when I awake, I am still with thee.”

a. when I awake [6974 * quwts] [Strong: a primitive root (identical with 6972 through the idea of abruptness in starting up from sleep (Compare 3364); to awake (literally or figuratively):--arise, (be) (a-)wake, watch.]

1). Perhaps awoke from the dream or vision from the Lord.

b. I am still [5750 * ‘owd] [Strong: from 5749; properly, iteration or continuance; used only adverbially (with or without preposition), again, repeatedly, still, more:--again, X all life long, at all, besides, but, else, further(-more), henceforth, (any) longer, (any) more(-over), X once, since, (be) still, when, (good, the) while (having being), (as, because, whether, while) yet (within).]

No comments: