Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Isaiah 65:24

Isaiah 65:24

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

a. NLT: I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!

b. NIV: Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.

c. YLT: And it hath come to pass, They do not yet call, and I answer, They are yet speaking, and I hear.

d. Amplified Bible: And it shall be that before they call I will answer; and while they are yet speaking I will hear.

e. Septuagint: And it shall come to pass, [that] before they call, I will hearken to them; while they are yet speaking, I will say, What is it?

f. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/Writings: It will be that before they call I will answer; while they yet speak I will hear.

1. “And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer…”

a. And it shall come to pass, that before they call [7121 * qara’] [Strong: a primitive root (rather identical with 7122 through the idea of accosting a person met); to call out to (i.e. properly, address by name, but used in a wide variety of applications):--bewray (self), that are bidden, call (for, forth, self, upon), cry (unto), (be) famous, guest, invite, mention, (give) name, preach, (make) proclaim(- ation), pronounce, publish, read, renowned, say.]

b. I will answer [6030 * ‘anah] [Strong: a primitive root; properly, to eye or (generally) to heed, i.e. pay attention; by implication, to respond; by extens. to begin to speak; specifically to sing, shout, testify, announce:--give account, afflict (by mistake for 6031), (cause to, give) answer, bring low (by mistake for 6031), cry, hear, Leannoth, lift up, say, X scholar, (give a) shout, sing (together by course), speak, testify, utter, (bear) witness.]  

2. “…and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.”

a. and while they are yet speaking [1696 * dabar] [Strong: a primitive root; perhaps properly, to arrange; but used figuratively (of words), to speak; rarely (in a destructive sense) to subdue:--answer, appoint, bid, command, commune, declare, destroy, give, name, promise, pronounce, rehearse, say, speak, be spokesman, subdue, talk, teach, tell, think, use (entreaties), utter, X well, X work.]

b. I will hear [8085 * shama] [Strong: a primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively, to tell, etc.):--X attentively, call (gather) together, X carefully, X certainly, consent, consider, be content, declare, X diligently, discern, give ear, (cause to, let, make to) hear(-ken, tell), X indeed, listen, make (a) noise, (be) obedient, obey, perceive, (make a) proclaim(-ation), publish, regard, report, shew (forth), (make a) sound, X surely, tell, understand, whosoever (heareth), witness.]

1). Chronologically this is in the perfect age after the Millenial Reugn of Christ. Isaiah is speaking of the characteristics after the creation of the New Heavens and New Earth.

a). Isaiah 65:17  For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

2). Speaking in respect of Covenant, there is really no difference. Notice the following verses from both the Old and New Covenant.

a). 1 John 5:14, 15  And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
5:15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

b). Jeremiah 29:12, 13 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

c). Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

d). Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

e). Psalm 18:6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.


No comments: