Monday, May 08, 2017

Luke 16:27



Luke 16:27

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

a. NLT: “Then the rich man said, ‘Please, Father Abraham, at least send him to my father’s home.

b. NIV: “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family,

c. YLT: 'And he said, I pray thee, then, father, that thou mayest send him to the house of my father,

d. Amplified Bible Classic: And [the man] said, Then, father, I beseech you to send him to my father’s house—

e. Worrell Translation: And he said, “I pray you, therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house.

f. Wuest Translation: Then he said, I beg you, therefore, father, to send him to the home of my father,

1. “Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father…”

a. Then [Strong: 1161 de deh a primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.:--also, and, but, moreover, now (often unexpressed in English).]

b. he said [Strong: 2036 epo ep'-o a primary verb (used only in the definite past tense, the others being borrowed from 2046, 4483, and 5346); to speak or say (by word or writing):--answer, bid, bring word, call, command, grant, say (on), speak, tell.]

c. I pray [Strong: 2065 erotao er-o-tah'-o apparently from 2046 (compare 2045); to interrogate; by implication, to request:--ask, beseech, desire, intreat, pray.]

d. thee [Strong: 4571 se seh accusative case singular of 4771; thee:--thee, thou, X thy house.]

e. therefore [Strong: 3767  oun oon apparently a primary word; (adverbially) certainly, or (conjunctionally) accordingly:--and (so, truly), but, now (then), so (likewise then), then, therefore, verily, wherefore.]

f. father [Strong: 3962 pater pat-ayr' apparently a primary word; a "father" (literally or figuratively, near or more remote):--father, parent.]

2. “…that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:”

a. that [Strong: 2443 hina hin'-ah probably from the same as the former part of 1438 (through the demonstrative idea; compare 3588); in order that (denoting the purpose or the result):--albeit, because, to the intent (that), lest, so as, (so) that, (for) to.]

b. thou wouldest send [Strong: 3992 pempo pem'-po apparently a primary verb; to dispatch (from the subjective view or point of departure, whereas hiemi (as a stronger form of eimi) refers rather to the objective point or terminus ad quem, and 4724 denotes properly, the orderly motion involved), especially on a temporary errand; also to transmit, bestow, or wield:--send, thrust in.]

c. him [Strong: 846 autos ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of 109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, -of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which.]

d. to [Strong: 1519 eis ice a primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.); also in adverbial phrases:--(abundant-)ly, against, among, as, at, (back-)ward, before, by, concerning, + continual, + far more exceeding, for (intent, purpose), fore, + forth, in (among, at, unto, -so much that, -to), to the intent that, + of one mind, + never, of, (up-)on, + perish, + set at one again, (so) that, therefore(-unto), throughout, til, to (be, the end, -ward), (here-)until(-to), ...ward, (where-)fore, with. Often used in composition with the same general import, but only with verbs (etc.) expressing motion (literally or figuratively).]

e. my [Strong: 3450 mou moo the simpler form of 1700; of me:--I, me, mine (own), my.]

f. father’s [Strong: 3962 pater pat-ayr' apparently a primary word; a "father" (literally or figuratively, near or more remote):--father, parent.]

g. house [Strong: 3624 oikos oy'-kos of uncertain affinity; a dwelling (more or less extensive, literal or figurative); by implication, a family (more or less related, literally or figuratively):--home, house(-hold), temple.]

1). These are the words of a man in hell suffering in eternal torment and begging that someone would go to his household and warn his five brothers not to come to this place of torment.

a). Luke 16:27, 28 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

2). The truth is the only way to escape it is to accept what Jesus did in his death and resurrection and get born again.

a). Romans 10:9, 10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

b). John 3:3-7 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

c). John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

No comments: