Monday, October 09, 2017

Ephesians 3:13

Ephesians 3:13

Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

a. NLT: So please don’t lose heart because of my trials here. I am suffering for you, so you should feel honored.

b. NIV: I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory.

c. YLT: Wherefore, I ask you not to faint in my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

d. Amplified Bible Classic: So I ask you not to lose heart [not to faint or become despondent through fear] 
at what I am suffering in your behalf. [Rather glory in it] for it is an honor to you.

e. Worrell Translation: Wherefore, I ask that ye, faint not at my tribulations in your behalf, which, indeed, is your glory.
    
f. Wuest Translation: Wherefore, I am asking in my own interest, that you do not lose heart by reason of my tribulations on your behalf which are of such a nature as to be your glory.

g. Peshitta Eastern Text: Therefore I ask that I may not grow weary in my afflictions for your sakes, which is for your happiness.

1. “Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.”

a. Wherefore [Strong: 1352 dio dee-o' from 1223 and 3739; through which thing, i.e. consequently:--for which cause, therefore, wherefore.]

b. I desire [Strong: 154 aiteo ahee-teh'-o of uncertain derivation; to ask (in genitive case):--ask, beg, call for, crave, desire, require.]

c. that ye faint [Strong: 1573 ekkakeo ek-kak-eh'-o from 1537 and 2556; to be (bad or) weak, i.e. (by implication) to fail (in heart):--faint, be weary.]

d. not [Strong: 3361 me may a primary particle of qualified negation (whereas 3756 expresses an absolute denial); (adverb) not, (conjunction) lest; also (as an interrogative implying a negative answer (whereas 3756 expects an affirmative one)) whether:--any but (that), X forbear, + God forbid, + lack, lest, neither, never, no (X wise in), none, nor, (can-)not, nothing, that not, un(-taken), without. Often used in compounds in substantially the same relations.]

e. at [Strong: 1722 en en a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between 1519 and 1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:--about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (... sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, (speedi-)ly, X that, X there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(-with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition.]

f. my [Strong: 3450 mou moo the simpler form of 1700; of me:--I, me, mine (own), my.]

g. tribulations [Strong: 2347 thlipsis thlip'-sis from 2346; pressure (literally or figuratively):--afflicted(-tion), anguish, burdened, persecution, tribulation, trouble.]

h. for [Strong: 5228 huper hoop-er' a primary preposition; "over", i.e. (with the genitive case) of place, above, beyond, across, or causal, for the sake of, instead, regarding; with the accusative case superior to, more than:--(+ exceeding, abundantly) above, in (on) behalf of, beyond, by, + very chiefest, concerning, exceeding (above, -ly), for, + very highly, more (than), of, over, on the part of, for sake of, in stead, than, to(-ward), very. In the comparative, it retains many of the above applications.]

i. you [Strong: 5216 humon hoo-mone' genitive case of 5210; of (from or concerning) you:--ye, you, your (own, -selves).]

j. which [Strong: 3748 hostis hos'-tis, including the feminine hetis hay'-tis, and the neuter ho,ti hot'-ee from 3739 and 5100; which some, i.e. any that; also (definite) which same:--X and (they), (such) as, (they) that, in that they, what(-soever), whereas ye, (they) which, who(-soever).]

k. is [Strong: 2076  esti es-tee' third person singular present indicative of 1510; he (she or it) is; also (with neuter plural) they are:--are, be(-long), call, X can(-not), come, consisteth, X dure for a while, + follow, X have, (that) is (to say), make, meaneth, X must needs, + profit, + remaineth, + wrestle.]

l. your [Strong: 5216 humon hoo-mone' genitive case of 5210; of (from or concerning) you:--ye, you, your (own, -selves).]

m. glory [Strong: 1391 doxa dox'-ah from the base of 1380; glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literal or figurative, objective or subjective):--dignity, glory(-ious), honour, praise, worship.]

No comments: