Thursday, October 05, 2017

Ephesians 3:3

Ephesians 3:3

How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

a. NLT: As I briefly wrote earlier, God himself revealed his mysterious plan to me.

b. NIV: That is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly.

c. YLT: that by revelation He made known to me the secret, according as I wrote before in few words --

d. Amplified Bible Classic: [And] that the mystery (secret) was made known to me and I was allowed to comprehend it by direct revelation, as I already briefly wrote you.

e. Worrell Translation: That by revelation was made known to me the mystery, as I wrote before in brief.

f. Wuest Translation: That by revelation there was made known to me the Mystery even as I wrote above in brief,

g. Peshitta Eastern Text: For the mystery was made known to me by a revelation; just as I have briefly written you before.

1. “How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery;

a. [How] that [Strong: 3754 hoti hot'-ee neuter of 3748 as conjunction; demonstrative, that (sometimes redundant); causative, because:--as concerning that, as though, because (that), for (that), how (that), (in) that, though, why.]

b. by [Strong: 2596 kata kat-ah' a primary particle; (prepositionally) down (in place or time), in varied relations (according to the case (genitive, dative or accusative) with which it is joined):--about, according as (to), after, against, (when they were) X alone, among, and, X apart, (even, like) as (concerning, pertaining to touching), X aside, at, before, beyond, by, to the charge of, (charita-)bly, concerning, + covered, (dai-)ly, down, every, (+ far more) exceeding, X more excellent, for, from ... to, godly, in(-asmuch, divers, every, -to, respect of), ... by, after the manner of, + by any means, beyond (out of) measure, X mightily, more, X natural, of (up-)on (X part), out (of every), over against, (+ your) X own, + particularly, so, through(-oughout, -oughout every), thus, (un-)to(-gether, -ward), X uttermost, where(-by), with. In composition it retains many of these applications, and frequently denotes opposition, distribution, or intensity.]

c. revelation [Strong: 602 apokalupsis ap-ok-al'-oop-sis from 601; disclosure:--appearing, coming, lighten, manifestation, be revealed, revelation.]

d. he made known [Strong: 1107 gnorizo gno-rid'-zo from a derivative of 1097; to make known; subjectively, to know:--certify, declare, make known, give to understand, do to wit, wot.]

e. unto me [Strong: 3427 moi moy the simpler form of 1698; to me:--I, me, mine, my.]

f. the [Strong: 3588 ho ho, including the feminine he hay, and the neuter to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.]

g. mystery [Strong: 3466 musterion moos-tay'-ree-on from a derivative of muo (to shut the mouth); a secret or "mystery" (through the idea of silence imposed by initiation into religious rites):--mystery.]

1). Paul was given the New Covenant by revelation from Jesus Christ.

a). Galatians 1:11, 12 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

2). It is the will of God that we through revelation come to know the authority and power that has been given to us in Christ.

a). Ephesians 1:15-17 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
1:16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

2. “…(as I wrote afore in few words,”

a. as [Strong: 2531 kathos kath-oce' from 2596 and 5613; just (or inasmuch) as, that:--according to, (according, even) as, how, when.]

b. I wrote afore [Strong: 4270 prographo prog-raf'-o from 4253 and 1125; to write previously; figuratively, to announce, prescribe:--before ordain, evidently set forth, write (afore, aforetime).]

c. in [Strong: 1722 en en a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between 1519 and 1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:--about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (... sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, (speedi-)ly, X that, X there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(-with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition.]

d. few words [Strong: 3641  oligos ol-ee'-gos of uncertain affinity; puny (in extent, degree, number, duration or value); especially neuter (adverbially) somewhat:--+ almost, brief(-ly), few, (a) little, + long, a season, short, small, a while.]

1). The few words is probably a reference to the little he wrote in Galatians cited above.

No comments: