Thursday, March 21, 2013

1 Kings 18:13


1 Kings 18:13

Was it not told my lord what I did when Jezebel slew the prophets of the LORD, how I hid an hundred men of the LORD'S prophets by fifty in a cave, and fed them with bread and water?

a. Whether or not Elijah knew this or not is not stated. Forty days later in 1 Kings 19:14, Elijah complained to the Lord that he was the only one left serving God in all of Israel. Yet the response he got from the LORD corrected him.

1). 1 Kings 19:18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

b. Why Elijah didn’t include what Obadiah did into his complaint is unclear, it may have been an element of self pity. He obvious knew, because Obadiah had told him. Obadiah no doubt placed his life in danger by protecting these prophets. 

No comments: