Thursday, March 21, 2013

Psalm 43:4


Psalm 43:4

Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.

1. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy…”

a. exceeding [8057 * simchah] [Strong:  blithesomeness or glee, (religious or festival):--X exceeding(-ly), gladness, joy(-fulness), mirth, pleasure, rejoice(-ing).]

b. joy [1524 * giyl] [Gesenius: a rejoicing, a circle, age.][Strong: a revolution (of time, i.e. an age); also joy:--X exceedingly, gladness, X greatly, joy, rejoice(-ing), sort.]

2. “…yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.”

a. praise [3034 * yada] [Gesenius: to throw, shoot, cast, to shoot (arrows), to cast, cast down, throw down
to give thanks,, laud, praise, to confess, confess (the name of God), to confess (sin), to give thanks.][Strong: literally, to use (i.e. hold out) the hand; physically, to throw (a stone, an arrow) at or away; especially to revere or worship (with extended hands); intensively, to bemoan (by wringing the hands):--cast (out), (make) confess(-ion), praise, shoot, (give) thank(-ful, -s, -sgiving).]

No comments: