Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Matthew 26:26-29


Matthew 26:26-29

Matthew 26:26-29 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

a. Jesus commanded us to do this in remembrance of him, thus instituting the Communion table.

b. Luke 22:19, 20 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

1). remembrance [364 * anamnesis][Strong: recollection:--remembrance (again).]

c. We are to remember, to recollect what Jesus did for us, not only did he bare our sins on the cross but he also carried our sicknesses.

1). Isaiah 53:4, 5 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

No comments: