Thursday, March 21, 2013

Psalm 18:4-6


Psalm 18:4-6

The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.
The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.
In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

a. There are a number of passages that come to mind and should be listed with this passage. This passage I believe, speaks of Christ descending into hell.

1). Psalm 71:20, 21 Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.

2). Isaiah 53:10, 11 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

3). Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

4). Ephesians 4:9,10 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 

No comments: