Monday, March 09, 2020

Daniel 2:23

Daniel 2:23

I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter.

a. ASV: I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast now made known unto me what we desired of thee; for thou hast made known unto us the king’s matter.

b. YLT: Thee, O God of my fathers, I am thanking and praising, for wisdom and might Thou hast given to me; and now, Thou hast caused me to know that which we have sought from Thee, for the king's matter Thou hast caused us to know.'

c. Classic Amplified: I thank You and praise You, O God of my fathers, Who has given me wisdom and might and has made known to me now what we desired of You, for You have made known to us the solution to the king’s problem.

d. Septuagint: I give thanks to thee, and praise [thee], O God of my fathers, for thou has given me wisdom and power, and has made known to me the things which we asked of thee; and thou has made known to me the king’s vision. 

e. Stone Edition Torah/Prophets/ Writings: To you, O God of my forefathers, I give thanks and praise, for You have given me wisdom and might, and now You have made known to me what we requested of You, for You have made known to us the matter of the king.”

1. “ I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers…”

a. I [Strong: 576 'ana' an-aw' (Aramaic) or .anah (Aramaic) {an-aw'}; corresponding to 589; I:--I, as for me.]

b. thank [thee] [Strong: 3029 yda' yed-aw' (Aramaic) corresponding to 3034; to praise:--(give) thank(-s).]

c. [and] praise [thee] [Strong: 7624 shbach sheb-akh' (Aramaic) corresponding to 7623; to adulate, i.e. adore:--praise.]

d. [O] God [Strong: 426 'elahh el-aw' (Aramaic) corresponding to 433; God:--God, god.]

e. [of my] fathers [Strong: 2 'ab ab (Aramaic) corresponding to 1:--father.]

2. “...who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee…”

a. who [Strong: 1768 diy dee (Aramaic) apparently for 1668; that, used as relative conjunction, and especially (with a preposition) in adverbial phrases; also as preposition of:--X as, but, for(-asmuch +), + now, of, seeing, than, that, therefore, until, + what (-soever), when, which, whom, whose.]

b. [hast] given [me] [Strong: 3052 yhab yeh-hab' (Aramaic) corresponding to 3051; -deliver, give, lay, + prolong, pay, yield.]

c. wisdom [Strong: 2452 chokmah khok-maw' (Aramaic) corresponding to 2451; wisdom:--wisdom.]

d. [and] might [Strong: 1370 gbuwrah gheb-oo-raw' (Aramaic) corresponding to 1369; power:--might.]

e. [and hast made] known [unto me] [Strong: 3046 yda` yed-ah' (Aramaic) corresponding to 3045:--certify, know, make known, teach.]

f. now [Strong: 3705 k`an keh-an' (Aramaic) probably from 3652; now:--now.]

g. what [Strong: 1768 diy dee (Aramaic) apparently for 1668; that, used as relative conjunction, and especially (with a preposition) in adverbial phrases; also as preposition of:--X as, but, for(-asmuch +), + now, of, seeing, than, that, therefore, until, + what (-soever), when, which, whom, whose.]

h. [we] desired [Strong: 1156 b`a' beh-aw' (Aramaic) or b ah (Aramaic) {beh-aw'}; corresponding to 1158; to seek or ask:--ask, desire, make (petition), pray, request, seek.]
i. of [you] [Strong: 4481 min min (Aramaic) corresponding to 4480:--according, after, + because, + before, by, for, from, X him, X more than, (out) of, part, since, X these, to, upon, + when.]

3. “...for thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter.”

a. for [Strong: 1768 diy dee (Aramaic) apparently for 1668; that, used as relative conjunction, and especially (with a preposition) in adverbial phrases; also as preposition of:--X as, but, for(-asmuch +), + now, of, seeing, than, that, therefore, until, + what (-soever), when, which, whom, whose.]

b. [thou hast now] made known [unto us] [Strong: 3046 yda` yed-ah' (Aramaic) corresponding to 3045:--certify, know, make known, teach.]]

c. [the] king’s [Strong: 4430 melek meh'-lek (Aramaic) corresponding to 4428; a king:--king, royal.]

d. matter [Strong: 4406 millah mil-law' (Aramaic) corresponding to 4405; a word, command, discourse, or subject:--commandment, matter, thing. Word.]

1). The king’s matter was that he demanded to be told not only the interpretation of the dream but also the dream. The only way that could be accomplished is that the God of heaven reveal it to Daniel, and God was faithful.

a). Daniel 2:1-5 And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him.
2:2 Then the king commanded to call the magicians, and the astrologers, and the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans, for to shew the king his dreams. So they came and stood before the king.
2:3 And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream.
2:4 Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation.
2:5 The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill.

No comments: