Monday, April 18, 2016

Genesis 24:34

Genesis 24:34

And he said, I am Abraham's servant.

a. NLT: “I am Abraham’s servant,” he explained.

b. NIV: So he said, “I am Abraham’s servant.

c. YLT: And he saith, 'I am Abraham's servant;

d. Amplified Bible Classic: And he said, I am Abraham’s servant.

e. Septuagint: And he said, I am a servant of Abraam; 

f. Stone Edition Chumash Torah: Then he said, “A servant of Abraham am I.”

1. And he said, I am Abraham's servant.

a. he said [559 * 'amar] [Strong: a primitive root; to say (used with great latitude):--answer, appoint, avouch, bid, boast self, call, certify, challenge, charge, + (at the, give) command(-ment), commune, consider, declare, demand, X desire, determine, X expressly, X indeed, X intend, name, X plainly, promise, publish, report, require, say, speak (against, of), X still, X suppose, talk, tell, term, X that is, X think, use (speech), utter, X verily, X yet.]

b. I am Abraham’s [85 * 'Abraham] [Strong: contracted from 1 and an unused root (probably meaning to be populous); father of a multitude; Abraham, the later name of Abram:--Abraham.]

c. servant [5650 * `ebed] [Strong: from 5647; a servant:--X bondage, bondman, (bond-)servant, (man-)servant.]


No comments: