Saturday, April 23, 2016

Genesis 24:56

Genesis 24:56

And he said unto them, Hinder me not, seeing the LORD hath prospered my way; send me away that I may go to my master.

a. NLT: But he said, “Don’t delay me. The LORD has made my mission successful; now send me back so I can return to my master.”

b. NIV: But he said to them, “Do not detain me, now that the LORD has granted success to my journey. Send me on my way so I may go to my master.”

c. YLT: And he saith unto them, 'Do not delay me, seeing Jehovah hath prospered my way; send me away, and I go to my lord;'

d. Amplified Bible Classic: But [the servant] said to them, Do not hinder and delay me, seeing that the Lord has caused me to go prosperously on my way. Send me away, that I may go to my master.

e. Septuagint: But he said to them, Hinder me not, for the Lord has prospered my journey for me; send me away, that I may depart to my master.

f. Stone Edition Chumash Torah: He saidto them, “Do not delay me now that HASHEM has made my journey successful. Send me, and I will go to my master.”

1. “And he said unto them, Hinder me not, seeing the LORD hath prospered my way…”

a. he said [559 * 'amar] [Strong: a primitive root; to say (used with great latitude):--answer, appoint, avouch, bid, boast self, call, certify, challenge, charge, + (at the, give) command(-ment), commune, consider, declare, demand, X desire, determine, X expressly, X indeed, X intend, name, X plainly, promise, publish, report, require, say, speak (against, of), X still, X suppose, talk, tell, term, X that is, X think, use (speech), utter, X verily, X yet.]

b. Hinder me not [309 * 'achar] [Strong: a primitive root; to loiter (i.e. be behind); by implication to procrastinate:--continue, defer, delay, hinder, be late (slack), stay (there), tarry (longer).]

c. seeing the LORD [3068 * Yhovah] [Strong: from 1961; (the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord.]

d. hath prospered [6743 * tsalach or tsaleach] [Strong: a primitive root; to push forward, in various senses (literal or figurative, transitive or intransitive):--break out, come (mightily), go over, be good, be meet, be profitable, (cause to, effect, make to, send) prosper(-ity, -ous, - ously).]

e. my way [1870 * derek] [Strong: from 1869; a road (as trodden); figuratively, a course of life or mode of action, often adverb:--along, away, because of, + by, conversation, custom, (east-)ward, journey, manner, passenger, through, toward, (high-) (path-)way(-side), whither(-soever).]

2. “…send me away that I may go to my master.”

a. send me away [7971 * shalach] [Strong: a primitive root; to send away, for, or out (in a great variety of applications):--X any wise, appoint, bring (on the way), cast (away, out), conduct, X earnestly, forsake, give (up), grow long, lay, leave, let depart (down, go, loose), push away, put (away, forth, in, out), reach forth, send (away, forth, out), set, shoot (forth, out), sow, spread, stretch forth (out).]

b. that I may go [3212 * yalak] [Strong: a primitive root (Compare 1980); to walk (literally or figuratively); causatively, to carry (in various senses):--X again, away, bear, bring, carry (away), come (away), depart, flow, + follow(-ing), get (away, hence, him), (cause to, made) go (away, -ing, -ne, one's way, out), grow, lead (forth), let down, march, prosper, + pursue, cause to run, spread, take away ((-journey)), vanish, (cause to) walk(-ing), wax, X be weak.]

c. to my master [113 * 'adown; or (shortened) adon] [Strong: from an unused root (meaning to rule); sovereign, i.e. controller (human or divine):-- lord, master, owner.]


No comments: